- Big Spring moved to 2-0 in Mid-Penn Colonial play with a 3-1 road win over West Perry on Thursday night. The Bulldogs got a balanced offensive attack, with Mattea Penner pacing with nine kills, plus nine digs. Marlee Johnson added eight with 12 digs. Bailey Gutshall had her hands on a little of everything (1 ace, 4 kills, 12 assists, 8 digs). Counting Big Spring's romp through its season opening tournament Saturday, the Bulldogs (2-0, 2-0) are undefeated so far this season.
- Candice Baum put up six kills, five aces and 14 digs to lead Mechanicsburg to a 3-1 road win over CD East.
- Jena Minnick did a little of everything offensive in Trinity's 3-0 home win over Northern. She led the team with six aces and 14 assists, and she dropped in five kills to boot. Katie Sajer led with six kills.
- Abby Breneman had seven kills in Boiling Springs' 3-0 home loss to James Buchanan.
- Cedar Cliff provided a fight, taking the second set to extra points, but the Colts were still swept by Central Dauphin on the road. Natalie Uibel had 13 kills in the loss.
You have free articles remaining.
Keep reading for FREE!
Enjoy more articles by signing up or logging in. No credit card required.