- Julianna Askins dropped 17 points, going 9-of-13 from the free-throw line to lead Carlisle to a 38-28 win over Northern on Saturday in the Northern Tip-Off Tournament. Askins buried a pair of 3s, and Rachel Bell chipped in with 13 points. The Thundering Herd (2-0) opened up the game with a 12-4 fourth quarter. Katie Ryan led the Polar Bears with 12 points.
- Mechanicsburg won the Manheim Central Tip-off Tournament behind a 16-point effort from Talia Gilliard, beating the hosts 45-39. The Wildcats trailed by five after three quarters. Gilliard drilled three 3s, and Logan Nutt was good for 13 points.
- Julia Hoffman scored 13 points, and Eliana Hosey added 10 to give Cedar Cliff a 53-28 win over CD East to win the Colts' own season-opening tip-off tournament.
- Ava Stevenson scored 18 points and Lauren Trumpy deposited 12 to lead Trinity to a 48-44 win at York Catholic in the season opener.
- York Suburban jumped out to an early lead and never looked back, knocking off Big Spring 47-30 to win Columbia's opening tourney. The Bulldogs got a team-high seven points from Rebecca Franklin.
- Shippensburg trampled an overmatched Executive Education 81-6 behind 20 points (six 3s) from Aspyn Keetch, 16 from E. Staver and 15 from Chelcie Forrester. The Greyhounds landed 13 3s in the Eastern York Tip-Off Tournament consolation game.
- Jordan Jumper scored six points in Boiling Springs' 41-24 loss to Elco in the Middletown Tip-Off Tournament. Amanda Smith led the Raiders with 15.
- JP McCaskey edged Red Land 43-27 in the Elizabethtown Tip-Off Tournament consolation game despite 17 points from the Patriots' Kennedy O'Brien and 11 from Zayda Crumpton.
Get in the game with our Prep Sports Newsletter
Sent weekly directly to your inbox!