- Hayden Fry fired seven innings and struck out six, and Tyler Dunn tripled and had an RBI to aid Cumberland Valley in a key 3-2 home win over Mifflin County on Wednesday. Fry scattered nine hits and two walks. Ty Banach (1-for-2) added a double and run for the Eagles.
- Bobby Whalen and Joe Matter each homered, leading Cedar Cliff to an 8-0 victory over Carlisle. The runs were more than enough for Colts pitching that racked up eight strikeouts, including six from starter Trey Law, who threw three scoreless innings. Brandt Cook (2-for-4) doubled, scored, stole a base and drove in two runs for the Colts.
- Red Land pounded out 14 runs in a 14-0 win at Chambersburg in five innings. Kentucky-bound catcher Jared Payne had one of his better games at the plate, blasting a home run on a 2-for-3 day with four RBIs and two runs scored. Luke Wagner tossed three innings, allowing a hit and fanning five. Trojans bats managed just three hits.
- Zach Boyer tripled on a 4-for-5 day, scoring twice in East Pennsboro's 9-0 win over Camp Hill. Jake Madden struck out a season-high 13 in six innings to get the win, scattering six hits. He also went 2-for-3 at the dish with two stolen bases and an RBI. The Lions were led by Jackson Thompson's 2-for-3 day.
- West Perry scored five runs in the bottom of the seventh, but the late rally fell short in a 7-6 loss to Middletown. Eric Grube was 1-for-4 with two runs and a stole base for the Mustangs.
Several states require high school students to pass a civics test in order to graduate. Which got us to thinking -- how difficult would these questions be? In order to become a naturalized citizen, applicants must correctly answer 6 of 10 questions from the list of 100 questions. Here is a sampling of some of those questions. We re-worded them a bit -- test yourself!