Carlisle, PA 17015
About Country Butcher Shop, Inc.
Known for high quality meat, Country Butcher Shop, Inc., has been Carlisle's source for delicious local meat and food products since 1965. We offer the best prices in the area, and our meat is always fresh. We encourage you to stop in and get to know us, you won't be disappointed!
More About Us
We can't wait to hear from you, give us a call or stop in and see us today!
Recipe of the Week: Chicken with Tomatoes and Mushrooms
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1 1/2 pounds
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large (5-quart) saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil over medium-high heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Cook chicken, turning when it easily releases from the pan, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add mushrooms; cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and oregano.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, until tomatoes have broken down, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pan; cover, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Turn chicken to coat with sauce, and serve.
- American Express