The recent midterm elections, with their record turnout, proved positive for both political parties. I’m glad that the conservative GOP picked up seats in the U.S. Senate, the loss of the House concerns me.
There is an old saying — the grownups in the room will handle things — and it is clear that the grownups are the GOP members in government. The Democrats act like whiny brats, throwing tantrums when they can’t get their way or win at the ballot box. The obstructionist threats the upcoming Democratic members of Congress are making against President Donald Trump and his administration should concern anyone who has been happy with the past two years of economic growth and a stronger military, compared to the previous eight years of epic failure and weak economic growth.
I’m a registered independent conservative who sees that:
- Democrats promote dependency on government — Republicans promote self-sufficiency.
- Democrats want relaxed borders — Republicans want border control.
- Democrats want to overturn elections — Republicans believe in election results.
- Democrats believe there's no such thing as gender — Republicans believe in male and female.
- Democrats believe in mob rule — Republicans believe in the rule of law.
- Democrats believe that one is guilty until proven innocent — Republicans believe that one is innocent until proven guilty.
Today’s Democrat embraces failed ideas of socialism, everywhere in the world it has been tried, it failed. Venezuela and the former Soviet Union are two examples, and their silly idea of free health care and college for all, who is going to pay for it all?
The Democratic Party is bankrupt in every sense of the word. While the Republican Party is not perfect, it features the true, mature adults in the room. Common sense prevails as the GOP has better ideas for America’s success while Democrats keep producing failure.