This week’s Tour Through Time takes a look at then and now images of Carlisle Hospital.
These three views of the Carlisle Hospital were taken by James Steinmetz in December 1958 or January 1959. The Parker Street entrance featured an expanded lobby space and front door, added in 1953. This more modern entrance was located between the two wings of the original building. The addition on the far left, called the “B” Building, had been added in 1950.
Tour Through Time will run Saturdays in the Sentinel as a joint project with the Cumberland County Historical Society. Sentinel photographer Michael Bupp will work with staff at the Historical Society each week to offer a look at Carlisle and the surrounding area through the years.
Please contact the Cumberland County Historical Society at 717-249-7610 with any information pertaining to these images. Please send future ideas or suggestions to email@example.com.