Here are some of the 2019 Easter egg hunts scheduled in Cumberland County:
Saturday, April 6
- West Shore Church of the Brethren, 6921 Wertzville Road, Enola, will host an Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. April 6. In addition to the egg hunt, there will be an Easter story and free luncheon. For more information, call 717-795-8573.
- The Shippensburg Public Library will host an Easter Egg Hunt at 1 p.m. April 6 at the library at 73 W. King St. There will be three time slots for different age groups: 1 p.m. for ages 0-3; 1:30 p.m. for ages 4-8; and 2 p.m. for ages 9-12. Weather permitting, the egg hunt will be outside in the library yard, and there will be an open craft in the community room. To register, call the library at 717-532-4508.
Saturday, April 13
- The 7th Annual Downtown Carlisle Bunny Hop will be held from noon to 3 p.m. April 13 in downtown Carlisle. Children 12 and younger will be able to go from business to business to collect eggs and treats. Maps of participating locations will be available at Georgie Lou’s, 56 W. High St., Carlisle.
- The Meeting House’s Carlisle and Dillsburg campuses (1155 Walnut Bottom Road, Carlisle, and 1071 York Road, Dillsburg) will host a Family Egg Hunt from 3 to 5 p.m. April 13. The event will include food, games, entertainment and egg hunts that start at 3:30 and 4:15 p.m., with special hunts for babies up to 24 months old. For more information, visit tmh.church/egghunt
- Second Presbyterian Church will host an Easter Egg Hunt at 9 a.m. at the church, 28 Garland Drive, Carlisle.
- East Pennsboro Township will host an Easter Egg Hunt from 1 to 3 p.m. April 13 at Adams-Ricci Community Park. A rain date is set for April 14 from 2 to 4 p.m. The hunt is for children ages 3 to 6 years old, and each age group will be roped off. Children should bring their own baskets, and they can meet the Easter Bunny at the event.
- Hampden Township Recreation Department will conduct an Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. April 13 at Hampden Park. Participants should park in the pool parking lot. The hunt is open to township children ages 2 to 8 years old. The event will be held rain or shine.
- Mechanicsburg Borough will host its Easter Egg Hunt from 11 a.m. to noon April 13 at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Park. The rain date is April 20. The hunt will be for ages 0-2, 3-4, 5-7 and 8 and older. Children should bring their own baskets.
- Middlesex Township will host an Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. April 13 at the township park, 50 Beagle Club Road, Carlisle.
- Amelia Givin Library will host its annual Easter Egg Hunt at 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. April 13 at the library, 114 N. Baltimore Ave., Mount Holly Springs. The hunt is for ages 1 to 10, and children should bring a basket to search for eggs on the library lawn, which they can exchange for a goody bag and free book. Registration is required by calling 717-486-3688 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Crone’s Tae Kwon Do will hold its annual Easter Egg Hunt and intro class event at its location at 24 E. Main St., New Kingstown, starting with registration at 11 a.m. April 13. Pre-registration can be made online at cronestaekwondo.com, and all participants must check in before the hunt, which starts at 12:15 p.m. Hunts and intro classes will be divided by age, with start times staggered. Intro classes will begin after that group’s hunt. There will also be booths, games and other activities throughout the afternoon. There will also be a bake sale and raffle to raise funds for self-defense courses for victims of domestic violence.
- Big Spring Heights Church of God and Bull Dog Prep Academy will host an Easter Eggstravaganza at 10 Mount Rock Road, Newville, starting at 10 a.m. April 13 with registration and activities. The egg hunt for three age groups (walking to fifth grade) begins at 11 a.m. with staggered start times. There will be prizes, free food, face painting, hair cuts, popcorn, cotton candy, bounce houses, crafts and games. There will also be a visit with the Easter bunny, Cooper the Dog and the Chick-fil-A cow.
- North Middleton Township will host its annual Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. April 13 at Village Park, 1830 Suncrest Drive, Carlisle. The hunt is for children ages 10 and younger, and children should bring their own baskets. The event will be held rain or shine.
- The Plainfield Lions Club will host its Easter Egg Hunt with the Easter Bunny at West Pennsboro Township Community Park at 11 a.m. April 13 in the back of the Plainfield Fire House. The makeup date is April 20. For more information, call 717-249-2560.
- Silver Spring Township will host its Community Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. April 13 at Hidden Creek Park, 50 Millfording Road, Mechanicsburg, with access from Sample Bridge Road. The event is geared to children 10 and younger. Children should bring their own baskets. The Easter Bunny will be present at the event, which is hosted by the Silver Spring Township Police Department.
- South Middleton Township will host its Easter Egg Hunt from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. April 13 at Spring Meadows Park. The hunt is for children between the ages of 2 and 8, and children should bring their own baskets. The Easter Bunny will be at the event. Registration is not required.
Sunday, April 14
- New Cumberland Public Library will host its Easter Egg-Stravaganza from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. for ages 2 to 8. Light refreshments will be served at the Foundation House. Egg hunt times are 2 p.m. for ages 2-3; 2:15 p.m. for ages 4-6; and 2:30 p.m. for ages 7-8. The Easter Bunny will be on site at 1:30 p.m. on the firetruck. The event will be held rain or shine. No registration needed.
Saturday, April 20
- Carlisle United Methodist Church will host an Easter Egg Hunt from 1 to 3 p.m. April 20 at Mt. Asbury Retreat Center, 1310 Centerville Road, Newville. There will be fun, games and lots of eggs for children of all ages.
- Good Shepherd Community United Methodist Church will host its annual Easter Breakfast and Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 20, at the church, located at 2135 Ritner Highway, Carlisle. Free breakfast will be served from 8:30 to 10 a.m., and the egg hunt is at 10 a.m. For more information, call the church at 717-249-6879.
- St. Stephen Lutheran Church will host the New Kingstown Community Egg Hunt from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. April 20 at the church at 30 W. Main St., New Kingstown. There will be a hunt and other activities.
Saturday, April 27
- East Side Neighbors Association will host its Easter Egg Hunt at 2 p.m. April 27 at Biddle Mission Park, 311 E. North St., Carlisle. The hunt is for children ages 12 and younger. In tandem with and prior to the hunt, the Carlisle Alliance Church will hold a free community luncheon from noon to 2 p.m. at 237 E. North St.