Carlisle police (243-5252)
• No one was injured in a crash in the parking lot of Papa John’s on Hanover Street at 2:27 p.m. Dec. 29. Paul B. Matter, 23, of Carlisle told police that he attempted to prevent Derek Pospisil, 30, of Carlisle from leaving the parking lot because Pospisil had been shinning a laser pointer into Matter’s mirrors while they were driving down the road earlier. Pospisil did not stop when Matter blocked his path. No one was charged because the parking lot is private property.
• Miesha Moss, 24, of Shippensburg was charged with careless driving after she lost control of the Chevrolet she was driving in the 600 block of South Hanover Street and hit a parked car at 3:54 p.m. Dec. 26. No one was injured.
• No one was injured in a hit and run crash in the West Pomfret Street parking lot at 4:41 p.m. Dec. 31. An Acura parked in the West Pomfret Street parking lot was hit and damaged. Police seek information.
• No one was injured in a crash in the Walmart parking lot at 3:25 p.m. Dec. 30. Peter E. Martin, 84, of Carlisle pushed the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal while pulling out of a parking space and the Honda he was driving hit two parked cars. The parking lot is private property and Martin was not charged.
State police at Carlisle (249-2121)
• Diana Karper, 40, of Shippensburg was charged with assault and harassment after she left a threatening message on a former boss’s cell phone at 9:12 a.m. Jan. 5.
• Brandon Starner, 20, of Gardners was charged with access device fraud and theft for recording someone’s credit card number while pumping gas and then using it later to make a purchase between Dec. 13 and Dec. 26.
• Several unauthorized purchases were made from the bank account of a 26-year-old Shippensburg woman between Dec. 19 to Dec. 27. Police seek information.
• A decorative flag of a home in the 300 block of North Mountain Road in Upper Frankford Township was destroyed when someone used an unknown device that caused the flag to turn to ash between 11 p.m. Dec. 31 and 10 a.m. Jan. 1. Police seek information.
• A window screen of a home in the 100 block of Shippensburg Mobile Estates was damaged between 6 p.m. and 2 a.m. Dec. 25. The damage is estimated at $50. Police seek information.
• A diamond engagement ring and a diamond wedding ring were found in the 200 block of Westminster drive in South Middleton Township Nov. 22. Police seek information.
• Nina Ailien Wills, 36, of Dillsburg was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after a crash on Whiskey Springs Road in South Middleton Township at 2:43 p.m. Jan. 6.
• Bruce E. Hann, 48, of Chambersburg was treated at Hershey Medical Center for moderate injuries after a crash on Interstate 81 near mile marker 27 at 11:34 p.m. Jan. 4. Roberto C. Barahona, 37, of Midlothian was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, aggravated assault by vehicle while driving under the influence and leaving the scene of the accident after the Lexus LX470 he was driving rear ended Hann’s Ford Taurus causing it to spin out of control and roll down over an embankment.
• No one was injured in a crash in the 400 block of East Old York Road in South Middleton Township at 3 p.m. Jan. 3. The driver of a Chevy Cobalt was charged with driving too fast for conditions after the Cobalt left the road and hit two small trees of a home on Old York Road.
• No one was injured in a crash in the 200 block of East Old York Road at 4:50 p.m. Jan. 3. The driver of a Ford Mustang was charged with making an improper lane change after the Mustang left the road, hitting an embankment and a metal fence.
• No one was injured in a crash at the intersection of Walnut Bottom Road and Stonehedge Drive at 4:02 p.m. Jan. 6. Linda E. Gouse, 52, of Carlisle was charged with failing to obey a traffic control signal after she drove a Chevrolet Trail Blazer through a red light and hit a Volkswagen Jetta driven by Lori A. Leitzel, 46, of Newburg.
North Middleton Township police (243-7910)
• Daniel W. Bernard, 23, of North Middleton Township was charged with unlawful contact with a minor, indecent assault, corruption of minors and possession of drug paraphernalia after he molested a 7-year-old girl in his bedroom over Memorial Weekend, police said.
• Steve A. Rathfon, 29, of Carlisle was charged with indecent exposure after he exposed his genitalia in the 700 block of North Hanover Street Jan. 4.
• Leslie L. Blumenauer, 28, of Carlisle was arrested Jan. 2 on felony warrants for access device fraud, unlawful use of computers and identity theft for using someone’s bank card on Dec. 12.
State police at Chambersburg (264-5161)
• Justin Daniel Mellott, 25, of Mercersburg was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, resisting arrest and driving under the influence of alcohol after Mellott crashed the vehicle he was driving into a telephone pole in the 11,000 block of Buchanan Trail West in Peters Township at 6:47 p.m. Jan. 4. Mellott had a 4-year-old child in the front seat of the vehicle that was not in a child safety seat at the time of the crash, police said.
• A stereo head unit was stolen from a vehicle parked in the 11,000 block of Rhapsody Road in Antrim Township at 9:49 p.m. Jan. 5. Police seek information.
• Two storage units on Cumberland Highway in Letterykenny Township were broken into between 5 p.m. Jan. 5 and 11 a.m. Jan 7. Lawnmowers and tools were stolen from the units. Police seek information.
• Fawn Erica Reid, 18, of Fayetteville was charged with theft after she falsified returns and took money from a cash register at a store in the Chambersburg Mall between Dec. 23 and Dec. 29.
State police at Newport (567-3110)
• Geoffrey Scott Leonard, 21, of Marysville was charged with harassment after an assault involving two women at 11:03 p.m. Jan. 6.
• No one was injured in a crash on Route 74 near Rock Hollow Road in Saville Township at 5:46 p.m. Jan. 4. George W. Rice, 46, of Elliotsburg was charged with failure to yield after he did not see an oncoming Ford Escape driven by Beverly S. Stauffer, 53, of Ickesburg and drove a farm tractor onto the road.
• Vanny P. Athens, 64, of Mechanicsburg was treated at Harrisburg Hospital for minor injuries after crash on Spring Road in Carrol Township at 2:40 p.m. Jan. 5. Kristen E. Glassel was charged with careless driving after she failed to see slowed traffic ahead of her and the Saturn L8 she was driving rear ended a Toyota Camery driven by Jennifer R. Welch, 37, of Newport which in turn rear ended a Chevrolet Impala driven by Gail A. Sheaffer, 65, of New Bloomfield that also rear ended a Ford F150 driven by Athens.
• Lily B. Hoover, 48, of Newville was treated at Harrisburg Hospital for minor injuries after a crash on Route 233 in Southwest Madison Township at 4:52 p.m. Jan. 1. Gary Hoover, 55, of Newville was charged with careless driving after he attempted to pass a vehicle that was turning left in the left lane and the Honda Civic he was driving hit the driver’s side of a Mercury Tracer driven by Amanda K. Cassell, 22, of Landisburg. Cassell told police that her Tracer’s left turn signal was on at the time of the crash.
Information is from police reports and may be incomplete depending on the status of an investigation. Phone numbers are non-emergency.