Here is The Sentinel police log for Sept. 23.
Carlisle Police (243-5252)
• Police are investigating the vandalism of two buildings in the 200 block of East High Street at 4:10 a.m. Sept. 15. Police said two men wearing bandanas and hats spray-painted the Weis grocery store and CRDN, The Textile Experts buildings. Police seek information.
• Kyle I. Kincade, 30, of Carlisle, was charged with felony theft and receiving stolen property in 600 block of North East Street on Sept. 19. Police said Kincade stole several items while staying at a home and sold the items to local pawn shops. Most of the items consisted of jewelry, police said. The estimated cost of the theft was more than $2,500, police said. When Kincade was taken into custody, police found two checks on him that had the signatures forged, police said.
• Airel C. Darhower, 23, of Carlisle, was charged with misdemeanor DUI, DUI highest rate, two counts of DUI controlled substance and summary disregarding traffic lanes after an incident at the Pizza Grille parking lot, 1007 Ritner Highway, at 2:10 a.m. Aug. 13. Police said a suspicious vehicle was reported, and it was found that Darhower had wrecked her vehicle into a curb in the lot. She was found to be intoxicated, police said.
• Daryle E. Lerew, 44, of Harrisburg, was charged with misdemeanor DUI, DUI highest rate and summary careless driving in the 400 block of Croghan Drive at 3:17 a.m. Sept. 1. Police were called to a crash involving a parked vehicle and found a man lying in the road near the area. Police said the man was identified as Lerew, and he was found to be intoxicated. Police said Lerew had gotten into his vehicle in the same block and hit a parked vehicle, which caused that vehicle to hit a third vehicle. Lerew was arrested.
• Brooke Gutshall, 18, of Carlisle, was charged with misdemeanor theft at Wal-Mart, 60 Noble Blvd., at 9:40 a.m. on Sept. 4. Police said as an employee, Gutshall stole $539 in cash from the registers.
• Andrew Klumpp, 32, of Newville, was charged Sept. 9 with misdemeanor DUI, DUI controlled substance and summary careless driving after an incident on Ritner Highway at Allen Road, at 3;38 p.m. Sept. 4. Police were called to a three-vehicle crash and found the Klumpp had hit another vehicle. He was found to be under the influence of narcotics and was arrested, police said. Police said this was the second DUI arrest for Klumpp that day, since State Police arrested him earlier in Newville.
• Alice Hess, 20, of Harrisburg, and Christian Hess, 24, of Mechanicsburg, were charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and summary retail theft at Wal-Mart, 60 Noble Blvd., at 5:05 p.m. Sept. 11. Police said the two stole multiple clothing items and were apprehended by asset protection personnel. Police said both women were found in possession of multiple narcotic pills in their purses.
Mechanicsburg Police (691-3300)
• Police are looking for an older silver station wagon or four door sedan after a hit-and-run incident in the 300 block of East Main Street at 8:51 p.m. Sept. 17. Police said the vehicle rear-ended another vehicle at a high rate of speed and drove off. Police said the vehicle was driven by an older woman, possibly in her 60s. Police seek information.
• Police are looking for a sage-colored, early 2000s Ford Taurus after a hit-and-run incident in the 300 block of South Market Street between Sept. 14 and 15. Police said the vehicle hit a parked vehicle and drove off. Found at the scene was possible wreckage from the striking vehicle. Police seek information.
• Police are looking for a white vehicle after a hit-and-run incident in the 200 block of North Race Street between 8:05 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Sept. 13. Police said the vehicle hit a parked vehicle and drove off. Police seek information.
• A red electric-powered Razor dirt bike with the number 4 on it was stolen from outside a home in the 1st block of East Green Street between Sept. 16 and 18. The bike was found at a home in the 100 block of North Market Street on Sept. 19. It was returned to the owner. No arrest has been made, but police do have a possible suspect. Police seek information.
State Police at Carlisle (249-2121)
• Money was stolen from three unlocked vehicles in the 1200 block of Boiling Springs Road, Monroe Township, between 8 p.m. Sept. 21 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 22.
• Daniel A. Varner, 22, of Shippensburg, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple assault and summary harassment in the first block of Middle Spring Avenue, Shippensburg Township, at 1:30 a.m. Sept. 20. Police said Varner assaulted a 20-year-old woman and cut the woman with a knife.
• Scott A. Shields, 45, of Newville, was charged with misdemeanor terroristic threats, simple assault and summary harassment in the 100 block of Big Spring Terrace, West Pennsboro Township, at 1:16 a.m. Sept. 19. Police said Shields assaulted a 54-year-old Newville woman by repeatedly punching her in the head.
• David Piatt, 50, of Shippensburg, was charged with misdemeanor retail theft at Wal-Mart, 100 South Conestoga Drive, Shippensburg Township, at 11:57 a.m. Sept. 2. No further details were released.
• Dennis J. Clark, 55, of Mechanicsburg, was charged with misdemeanor unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and summary driving on a suspended license after an incident in the 900 block of West Trindle Road, Monroe Township, at 6:51 p.m. Sept. 6. Police said Clark took a Mechanicsburg woman’s minivan and drove it without permission. He then returned the vehicle two hours later, police said.
• David A. Roth, 59, of Dillsburg, was charged with misdemeanor DUI, DUI highest rate and summary driving on a suspended license with a blood alcohol content greater than 0.02 percent on Gettysburg Pike at Grantham Road, Upper Allen Township, on Sept. 6. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for an expired registration plate, and Roth was found to be driving and intoxicated.
State Police at Newport (567-3110)
• Police are investigating possible child abuse in Buffalo Township that occurred between Sept. 3, 1997, and Sept. 2, 1998. No further details were reported.
• Police are investigating reported inappropriate sexual behavior involving residents of the Loysville Youth Detention Center, Tyrone Township, between Aug. 1 and Sept. 3. No further details were released.
• A Mechanicsburg man was injured in a crash on Mountain Road, Rye Township, at 2:18 p.m. Sept. 17. Police said Alexander F. Taschek, 20, of Shermans Dale, was driving a 2002 Ford Ranger south when it hit a bicycle ridden by Casey J. Williams, 46, of Mechanicsburg. Williams suffered moderate injuries and was taken to Penn State Hershey Medical Center by Shermans Dale EMS.
• Lance M. Barron, 27, of Mechanicsburg, was charged Sept. 9 with misdemeanor DUI, DUI high rate, summary speeding, disregarding traffic lanes and careless driving on Route 322 at 10:49 p.m. Aug. 2. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations, and Barron was found driving and intoxicated.
• Michael A. Kreiser, 22, of Jonestown, was charged with misdemeanor DUI highest rate, summary disregarding traffic lanes and careless driving in the 700 block of Newport Road, Wheatfield Township, on Sept. 6. Police said Kreiser was driving a vehicle that went off the road, hitting a mailbox and became stuck in a yard. He was found to be intoxicated, police said.
• Anthony Caldwell, 32, of New Buffalo, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault and summary harassment after an incident in the first block of High Street, New Buffalo, at 3:45 a.m. Sept. 20. Police said Caldwell assaulted another person.
• James McMillan, 43, of Loysville, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault and summary harassment in Tyrone Township, after an incident at 2:27 a.m. Sept. 20. Police said McMillan pushed a 44-year-old woman, causing her to fall and hit the back of her head on a table, causing injuries.
• Biak Fanai, 24, of Germantown, Maryland, was charged with misdemeanor DUI, DUI highest rate and summary careless driving on Route 11/15, Watts Township, at 7 p.m. Sept. 11. Police said the vehicle was found stopped on the highway, and Fanai was found intoxicated.