State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Two unknown women entered Rite Aid Pharmacy in the 300 block of York Road in South Middleton Township before 6:26 p.m. Aug. 31 and purchased a “large amount” of cigarettes and gift cards. The two women counted out the funds but palmed a portion of them before handing them to the cashier, police said. They left in a dark-colored SUV.
- An unnamed 14-year-old boy “mooned” a person while walking on Rustic Drive in Southampton Township at 5:29 p.m. Sept. 7, police said.
- One person was injured in a two-vehicle crash at 5:47 p.m. Sept. 8 in South Middleton Township, police said. Gerald L. Day, 75, of Carlisle, was driving a 2016 Chevrolet Sonic on Commerce Avenue and pulled onto Allen Road. Day did not see a vehicle in the left lane and attempted to merge into the left lane, hitting a 2015 Nissan Altima driven by Samantha R. Young, 26, of Carlisle, which was travelling north on Allen Road, police said. The impact pushed the Altima onto a raised median and caused it to hit a traffic sign. Young suffered a suspected minor injury, and the Altima had to be towed.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
You have free articles remaining.
- A Duncannon resident told police at 4:39 p.m. July 27 she had left a purse at Skyline Bargains grocery store in Wheatfield Township. When she returned, the purse had been stolen, police said Monday.
Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Shannon Jamiel Mouzon, 45, of Carlisle, was charged with simple assault and harassment following a Sept. 7 incident. Police said they were dispatched to the 100 block of North Bedford Street at 10:45 a.m. and learned that Mouzon had struck his girlfriend in the face, causing bodily injury. Mouzon was arraigned and confined to Cumberland County Prison, and was unable to post $3,000 monetary bail.