Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office (717-240-6390)
- People have reported a phone scam in which someone claims to be Deputy Bryan Ward from the sheriff’s office. The caller tells the person answering the phone that he or she owes money and needs to pay to prevent being arrested, according to a Facebook post from the sheriff’s office. The call is a scam, and anyone who receives such a call is asked to call the sheriff’s office.
Upper Allen Township Police (717-795-2445)
- An unidentified 17-year-old juvenile was injured in a motorcycle crash at 1:45 p.m. Oct. 7, police said. The juvenile was driving in the 900 block of Allendale Road and lost control while negotiating a curve in poor road conditions. The motorcycle landed on its side and hit a mailbox. The juvenile was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
- James Curren, 73, of Mechanicsburg, was injured in a two-vehicle crash at 8:50 a.m. Sept. 23 at the intersection of Williams Grove Road and Peachtree Drive, police said. Frank Rushong, 76, of Mechanicsburg, failed to yield the right-of-way to a motorcycle driven by Curren, causing the crash.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Harmandip Kaur, 26, of Mineola, New York, was charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and a summary traffic violation after a Sept. 27 incident. Police said a traffic stop was conducted on Kaur at 10:39 p.m. on Interstate 81 south in Hampden Township, and he was found in possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia.
You have free articles remaining.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- Abiola Abbey Ajibola, 27, of Yeadon, Pennsylvania, was charged with possession with intent to deliver, possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, DUI controlled substance, and a summary traffic violation after a Sept. 11 incident. Police stopped Ajibola for speeding at 1:33 p.m. on Route 22 near Red Hill Road in Howe Township. He was determined to be under the influence and taken into custody, police said Oct. 9. He was arraigned and posted $10,000 bail.
- A package was stolen from a mailbox in the first block of North High Street in Duncannon on Oct. 7, police said.
Lower Allen Township Police (717-975-7575)
- Andrea Paola Pacheco-Vega, 26, of Flushing, New York, was arrested Oct. 4 for her involvement in a previously reported retail theft at Victoria’s Secret in Capital City Mall, police said. Two women and one man had entered the store and stole more than $1,600 worth of bras. Pacheco-Vega reentered the mall on Oct. 4 and was recognized by mall security, which contacted police. She was arrested, arraigned and confined to Cumberland County Prison, unable to post $10,000 bail.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash at 3:32 p.m. Oct. 6 in Monroe Township. Sandra L. Sampson, 60, of Dillsburg, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox north on Old Stonehouse Road and stopped at the stop sign at the intersection with Boiling Springs Road, but then continued through the intersection and was hit by a 2009 Honda Civic driven by Rafet Mekail, 57, of Mechanicsburg, police said. Sampson suffered an injury of unknown severity and was taken to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital. Mekail suffered a minor injury and was not hospitalized. Both vehicles had to be towed.
- A hit-and-run crash occurred on Oct. 8 in Penn Township. An unknown vehicle was traveling south in the 200 block of Smith Road and left the right side of the road, hitting two mailboxes, police said. It reentered the road, but then hit a third mailbox a short distance farther along the road. Police have not been able to identify the vehicle or the driver.
- Ruth Nohemy Rodas-Sejas, 24, of Chambersburg, waived her preliminary hearing Sept. 30 on charges of simple assault and harassment. Rodas-Sejas was involved in a verbal altercation at 10:10 p.m. Aug. 28 on South Fayette Street in Shippensburg Township that became physical, with Rodas-Sejas punching the other person with a closed fist on the head and body, police reported Oct. 8. The other person fled into a hallway, but Rodas-Sejas grabbed a knife, pointed it at the other person and then her own head. The other person was able to flee from the residence unharmed. Rodas-Sejas was arraigned and released on her own recognizance.
- Shawn B. Wilson, 41, of Newville, was injured in a motorcycle crash at 8:14 p.m. Sept. 5 in North Newton Township, police said Oct. 8. Wilson was driving a 1996 Harley-Davidson XL 1200 Sportster south on Bulls Head Road near Shippensburg Road when he left the road, hitting corn crops, traveled back onto the road and crashed on the road. Wilson was not wearing a helmet. He was airlifted to WellSpan York Hospital, but is expected to make a full recovery, police said.
- Someone stole a bottle of Fireball Whiskey valued at $17.99 from the Fine Wine and Good Spirits store on South Conestoga Drive in Shippensburg Township at 4:30 p.m. Sept. 24, police said.
- Amandeep Singh, 42, of Leesburg, waxs injured in a one-vehicle crash at 10:52 a.m. Oct. 7 in South Middleton Township, police said. Singh was driving a 2013 Volvo on Interstate 81 north at mile marker 44.9 and went onto the shoulder to avoid other vehicles. The Volvo went down an embankment and landed on its passenger side. The Volvo was towed.