Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Chad Robert Bender, 34, of Carlisle, was charged with driving under the influence of a controlled substance after a May 4 incident. Bender was driving a vehicle and was at fault in a two-vehicle crash at 8:36 a.m. in the 700 block of East High Street, police said. He was found to be under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Lisa Marie Aponte, 44, of Carlisle, was charged with theft by unlawful taking after a May 2 incident. Surveillance footage showed that Aponte, an employee at Chipotle, made two fraudulent refunds, police said. She also, at an earlier date, took money from a cash register and put it in her pockets.
State police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- A motorcyclist was injured in a May 6 crash with farm equipment, police said. Mark A. Reigel, 49, of Mechanicsburg, was driving west in the 900 block of West Old York Road in Dickinson Township at 12:49 p.m. when he attempted to pass a Fendt 516 tractor driven by Ethan M. Stauffer, 23, of Loysville, which was turning left. The motorcycle hit the tractor, ejecting Reigel and causing the motorcycle to hit a tree off the shoulder of the eastbound lane. Stauffer was not injured. Reigel was transported by Yellow Breeches EMS to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital.
- An unknown vehicle hit a construction truck in a hit-and-run crash on April 10, police said Wednesday. The construction vehicle was performing highway maintenance on Interstate 81 north at mile marker 26 at 9:25 a.m. when the other vehicle side-swiped the truck’s passenger side with its driver’s side. There were no injuries reported.
- Jadon A. Keck, 22, of Harrisburg, was charged with summary failure to give information and render aid after a hit-and-run crash at 7:55 a.m. April 18 in West Pennsboro Township. Keck was driving a Hyundai Accent and was attempting to leave a Sheetz parking lot at Centerville Road and Ritner Highway but backed into a parked GMC Sierra and hit its rear passenger side, police said Wednesday. He fled the scene. No injuries were reported, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- One vehicle was involved in a hit-and-run crash at 12:46 a.m. May 8 in South Middleton Township, police said. An unknown person was driving a 2006 Cadillac STS north in the first block of Fairfield Street, left the west shoulder of the road and hit a utility pole. The vehicle had to be towed from the scene, but the driver fled before police arrived.