Upper Allen Township Police (717-795-2445)
- Christopher M. Murphy, 46, of Harrisburg, was charged with theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and theft by deception connected with the theft of a snow thrower on Jan. 22 at a home in the 500 block of Cascade Road. Murphy was arrested Feb. 8. He pleaded guilty during a preliminary hearing on Feb. 25 to receiving stolen property, and the other two charges were withdrawn.
- Robert Beistline, 61, of Mechanicsburg, was charged with open lewdness after police were dispatched to the intersection of Allendale Road and Geneva Drive for a man who urinated on the sidewalk. Police determined Beistline was the man who was reported. The charge was held over to higher court during a preliminary hearing on March 11.
- Zahid Mehmood, 37, of Harrisburg, was charged in January and pleaded guilty on March 11 to theft by deception after an investigation that started with a report in September 2018. An Upper Allen resident reported that Mehmood visited her residence to fix a broken appliance, accepted down payment for parts and scheduled a time to complete the repair, but he never completed it or refunded her money. After reviewing bank records, Mehmood, operating a company called Appliance Techno, was developed as the suspect and arrested.
East Pennsboro Township Police (717-732-3633)
- Tracy Quackenbush, 47, of West Fairview Township, was charged with misdemeanor harassment after she sent multiple threatening text messages to a person in the 1500 block of Third Street around 2:30 p.m. Feb. 18.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Lindsay Bailes, 83, of Carlisle, and Lysonn Pierre-Louis, 48, of Harrisburg, were injured when Bailes ran a red light at the intersection of Allen Road and the off-ramp to Interstate 81 south in South Middleton Township and struck Pierre Louis’s vehicle around 2:30 p.m. March 6.
- Around 1:38 p.m. Jan. 11, a silver 2004 Ford Expedition was found abandoned with fraudulent stickers in the 200 block of Petersburg Road in South Middleton Township.
- Chad Lensbower, 37, of Chambersburg, was injured when his vehicle crossed into the opposing lane of traffic while traveling east on East Main Street in Newburg and struck an oncoming vehicle around 5:50 a.m. March 4. Lensbower was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash. The other driver suffered minor injuries but was not transported to the hospital.