State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- A 15-year-old Carlisle boy was charged with ethnic intimidation and harassment by communication after police said he left a harassing voicemail on a 14-year-old girl’s cellphone on Feb. 14. Police said the voicemail was an “ethnically biased statement.”
- The driver of a tractor-trailer was cited with securing loads in vehicles after a large piece of ice dislodged from the roof of the vehicle and struck the windshield of a 2013 Lexus sedan driven by Kenneth W. Oden, 55, of Enola, at 2:06 p.m. Feb. 13 on Interstate 81 south in Silver Spring Township. Police said Teresa L. Condon, 58, of Ridgecrest, California, was driving the tractor-trailer in the right lane of travel while Oden was attempting to pass it at the time the ice became dislodged. No one was injured in the incident.
- The rear spoiler of a vehicle was damaged sometime between 10 p.m. Feb. 14 and 8 a.m. Feb. 15 on Lawrence Lane, West Pennsboro Township.
- Dontae Alexander Harris, 19, of Shippensburg, was charged with DUI controlled substance, possession of a small amount of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and not using low beams after a traffic stop in the first block of Walnut Bottom Road, Shippensburg Township, at 1:39 a.m. Feb. 24. Police said Harris was found driving under the influence and in possession of drugs and paraphernalia.
- Police are investigating a burglary that occurred on Front Street, South Middleton Township, between noon and 3:30 p.m. Feb. 25. Police did not provide any further details.
- Tyler James Schlusser, 28, of Carlisle, was charged with accidents involving damage to attended vehicle and summary traffic offenses, including careless driving, speeding and failure to stop and render aid, after a crash on Interstate 81 north in South Middleton Township at 12:10 a.m. Feb. 23. Police said Schlusser was driving a 2017 Nissan Versa north when he made an improper lane change, causing the vehicle to sideswipe a 2016 Chevrolet Malibu driven by Derek A. Snider, 35, of New Cumberland. Police said Schlusser failed to stop and fled north on I-81, exiting at the York Road exit. Snider was not injured, and Schlusser was charged through summons.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- Someone tried to break into a vehicle on Valley Street in Marysville at 11:23 p.m. Jan. 25 before fleeing on foot, headed east on Valley Street, police reported on Feb. 28.