Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Justin Rhoades, 28, of Carlisle, was charged with simple assault and harassment following an Aug. 11 incident. Police said they were called to the 500 block of North Bedford Street for a domestic incident and met with several occupants. An investigation determined that Rhoades had caused injuries to another person during a domestic dispute, according to police. Rhoades was arraigned and confined to Cumberland County Prison, and was unable to post $5,000 monetary bail.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Charles R. Leeds, 83, of Carlisle, suffered a possible injury in a one-vehicle crash at 12:36 p.m. Aug. 10 in South Middleton Township, police said. Leeds was driving a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado on Holly Pike near the intersection with East Old York Road when he is believed to have fallen asleep while driving. He lost control of the Silverado, which left the road and became lodged in trees and shrubbery. He was taken to UPMC Pinnacle Carlisle. The Silverado was towed from the scene.
- A passenger suffered a suspected minor injury in a two-vehicle crash at 3:53 p.m. Aug. 10 in Newburg. Barry E. Shields, 47, of Chambersburg, was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt on North Water Street and attempted to turn right onto West Main Street, police said. The Cobalt crossed the double yellow lines and hit a 1999 Ford tractor trailer. Kristina M. Mowery, 48, of Winfield, who was a passenger in the Cobalt and was wearing a seat belt, was taken to Chambersburg Hospital, police said.
- A resident on Carlisle Road in South Middelton Township told police at 7:15 p.m. Aug. 10 his home had been burglarized. A 10-year-old boy and an 11-year-old boy were arrested following an investigation into the incident, police said.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- Wyatt W. Arnett, 66, of Liverpool, was injured in a one-vehicle crash at 3:49 p.m. Aug. 12 in Buffalo Township, police said. Arnett was driving a 1996 Ford Explorer north on Route 34 near Witmer Road when the driver side rear wheel fell off its axle, causing the Explorer to fishtail, rotate and roll over. Arnett, who was wearing a seat belt, was injured but refused transportation to a local medical facility. The Explorer had to be towed from the scene. Liverpool Fire & EMS assisted at the scene.
- Between April 16 and 9:30 p.m. June 23, medicine administration records and training documents stored in the office of United Cerebral Palsy of Central Pennsylvania in the 3100 block of Shermans Valley Road in Tyrone Township were found in a shredder, police reported Aug. 13. No other items were missing or broken, and there was no sign of forced entry.
- A 12-year-old boy stole a red, boy’s bicycle valued at $78 that was parked behind a residence in the 100 block of Old Trail Road in Watts Township about 7:30 p.m. Aug. 5, police said. A neighbor witnessed the theft and alerted the victim, who recovered the bicycle from the boy at a nearby Shell gas station. The boy was charged with theft through juvenile probation.