Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Richard Joynes, 36, of Carlisle, was charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine, possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving under the influence of a controlled substance after a traffic stop at 12:56 a.m. Aug. 4. Police said they found a large amount of suspected cocaine, multiple bundles of heroin, multiple bags of marijuana and an additional bag of crack cocaine during a search of the car. Police said Joynes' behavior was indicative of being under the influence. Joynes is being held in Cumberland County Prison in lieu of $50,000 bail.
- A package was stolen from the front porch of a home in the first block of East South Street on July 31. The package from Amazon was valued at $82. Police seek information.
You have free articles remaining.
Keep reading for FREE!
Enjoy more articles by signing up or logging in. No credit card required.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- One man received suspected minor injuries in a crash at the intersection of Newville Road (Route 641) and Kerrsville Road in West Pennsboro Township at 8:08 a.m. July 31. Police said a 17-year-old Newville girl was driving a 2008 Mazda 3 north on Kerrsville Road and did not stop at the sign at the intersection of Kerrsville and Newville roads. Police said she went through the intersection at 40 mph, hitting a 2015 Ram MPV Cargo Van that was being driven east on Newville Road by David W. Jardine, 48, of Newville. The impact pushed Jardine's car into the westbound lane where it hit a 2008 Ford Taurus being driven west on Newville Road by Elizabeth A. Ferry, 43, of Newville. Jardine was taken to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital by Cumberland Goodwill EMS. All three vehicles had to be towed from the scene.
- Wesley C. McNeely, 23, of Carlisle, was taken to Holy Spirit Hospital by West Shore EMS after a crash at 5:33 p.m. Aug. 1. Police said McNeely was driving a 2008 Mercury Sable south on York Road when he lost control of the car while negotiating a curve near Sheaffer Road. He crossed the double yellow line and hit a tree on the left side of the road. The car was disabled and had to be towed from the scene.
- No one was injured in a multivehicle crash on Interstate 81 at mile marker 54 at 3:41 p.m. July 31. Police said Stephen J. Luciano, 27, of Parlin, New Jersey, was driving a 2018 Chevrolet Trax north on I-81 when traffic began to slow in front of him. He was not able to stop and hit a 2019 Subaru Outback driven by Henry B. Collins, 65, of Camp Hill. Collins' car was pushed into a 2016 Freightline tractor driven by Armando V. Jimenez, 55, of Lexington, North Carolina. Both Collins' car and Luciano's car had to be towed from the scene. The truck was able to be driven from the scene.