Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Samantha Abril Gonzalez, 28, of Mount Holly Springs, was charged with simple assault and harassment after a domestic incident in the 300 block of Lincoln Street at 11:50 a.m. April 12. Police said Gonzalez shoved and struck a man, causing injury/pain to his groin. She posted $90 cash bail.
- Bryce Deshaun Cruz Thompson, 30, of Carlisle, was charged with simple assault and harassment after a domestic incident at about 11:30 p.m. April 12 in the first block of North Bedford Street. Police said a woman had physical injuries stemming from an argument with Thompson. He remains in prison on $5,000 cash bail.
Newville Police (717-776-5513)
You have free articles remaining.
- John Charles Grambo, 20, of Corapolis, Pennsylvania, on April 11 waived his charges of fleeing police, careless driving and speeding to higher court after an arrest in February, police reported last week. Police said Grambo was performing stunts on an orange KTM dirt bike in the first block of North High Street, and brake-checking a following vehicle. Police tried to initiate a traffic stop, but he fled the area, driving erratically and almost crashing into a truck. Police lost him while he was traveling at a high rate of speed, but he was later identified as Grambo, police said. He was released on his own recognizance, and a formal arraignment is scheduled for June 20.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- A motorcyclist was seriously injured after a crash in the 400 block of North Earl Street in Shippensburg Township at 1:42 p.m. March 30, police reported April 13. Jacob Cromwell, 36, of Shippensburg, was operating a 2003 Suzuki 800 when he was unable to stop for a 2002 Jeep SUV, which was stopped in front of him in traffic. The bike fell over and slid about 10 feet before striking the rear of the Jeep. Cromwell was transported by Shippensburg Area EMS to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital. The other driver was not injured.
- A Newville woman was transported to UPMC Pinnacle Carlisle after a two-vehicle crash in the 100 block of Carlisle Road in West Pennsboro Township at 7:36 p.m. April 12. Police said Ronald H. Charlton, 63, of Newville, was traveling east on Carlisle Road when he failed to keep in his lane of travel, crossed the double yellow lines and struck a 2011 Honda Pilot being driven by Ellen E. Cherricks, 45, of Newville, who was traveling west on Carlisle Road. Cherricks suffered suspected minor injuries and was transported. Charlton refused transport.