A jury found Robert Anderson guilty of murdering Daniel Harris in the Haines Stackfield American Legion in Carlisle in 2016.

After nearly two days of deliberation, the jury Friday found Anderson, 41, guilty of first-degree murder, felony possession of a firearm by a prohibited person and misdemeanor reckless endangerment.

He had also been charged with third-degree murder, which was negated by the first-degree conviction.

Anderson faces a hearing to determine if he will be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole or be sentenced to death.

The jury Friday found enough evidence to prove Anderson walked into the American Legion on West Penn Street in Carlisle around 12:45 a.m. June 11, 2016, and shot Harris, 30, seven times, killing him.

During the nine-day trial Senior Assistant District Attorney Kimberly Metzger characterized the murder as the culmination of a feud between Harris and Anderson and Anderson’s friends and family.

Anderson was shot in January 2016 and Harris was the prime suspect in that case, although no charges were ever brought against him.

When questioned after Harris’s death, Anderson told police he was at home on Spruce Street in Carlisle playing video games until after the shooting. However, cellphone records place Anderson in the vicinity of the American Legion around the time of the shooting, according to testimony presented during the trial.

Multiple witnesses who were present at the club the night of the shooting testified to seeing a black man walk into the bar and shoot Harris. Only one witness, Michael Evans, said he saw Anderson in the club at the time of the shooting.

Phone calls to and from Anderson’s phone, which were intercepted by police, were played in court. On multiple occasions Anderson said he welcomed the opportunity to go to trial because “not a jury in America” would convict him.

The jury will reconvene at 9 a.m. Saturday to begin the penalty phase of the trial.

The same jury that rendered the guilty verdict will decide his sentence.

The prosecution Saturday will present aggravating circumstances, arguing that the death penalty is the appropriate punishment, while the defense will present what it sees as mitigating circumstances that should spare Anderson’s life.

The jury will then reconvene Monday to hear closing statements and begin deliberation. It must reach a unanimous verdict to impose the death penalty.

President Judge Edward Guido told the opposing counsel if a verdict is not reached Monday the jury will be sequestered until a verdict is reached.

Harris’s mother and the district attorney’s office declined comment after the verdict was handed down.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Email Joshua Vaughn at jvaughn@cumberlink.com. Follow him on Twitter at @Sentinel_Vaughn.