Subscribe for 17¢ / day

Redd’s Smokehouse BBQ will be closed until further notice after a fire destroyed the restaurant’s kitchen Monday night.

In a Facebook post Monday night, the restaurant said that one of the smokers caught fire, which “caused a pretty intense fire” in the kitchen of the restaurant in the 100 block of North Hanover Street.

“Luckily, everyone was OK and, thanks to the hard work of many local fire departments and first responders, the damage was contained to our kitchen and basement,” the post read.

The post added that the owners are assessing the situation and are hopeful for a full recovery.

The post also expressed thanks to the Carlisle community and to two neighboring businesses, “Market Cross Pub & Brewery Carlisle and Chef Exclusive who have offered us love, support, and help over these next few days.”

The fire closed a portion of North Hanover Street for a couple of hours as crews worked the fire.

Posted earlier on Cumberlink:

Fire crews responded to a reported fire on the third floor of the building that houses Redd's Smokehouse BBQ on the 100 block of North Hanover Street in Carlisle Monday.

Reports at the scene said smoke was present in the building, but no flames were confirmed.

As of 5:35 p.m., PennDOT traffic cameras showed the traffic backlog clearing in downtown Carlisle.

Posted earlier on Cumberlink:

Emergency crews are responding to a reported fire in downtown Carlisle at 4:50 p.m.

Hanover Street is closed at Louther Street with fire police and fire trucks in the area. Traffic in the downtown area is backed up in several spots according to PennDOT's traffic map. Multiple fire trucks are on the second block of Hanover Street in the area.

Check back to Cumberlink for details as they become available.

6
3
5
24
7