Carlisle Borough Council approved road closure requests for a number of upcoming events in the borough at its Thursday meeting.
The events include:
- Amani Festival, May 4. The first block of North Pitt Street will be closed to Dickinson Avenue beginning at 9 p.m. May 3 to allow for set up of the event and remain closed until the end of the event at 7 p.m. May 4. The first two blocks of West High Street and the first block of South Pitt Street will also be closed from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. May 4.
- Carlisle Theatre 80th anniversary gala, 4-10 p.m., May 11. West Church Avenue will be closed between South Pitt Street and South Courthouse Avenue. Clean-up will extend the closure to midnight.
- Memorial Day Parade, 9-9:45 a.m., May 27. The parade begins on North Hanover Street at North Street. It proceeds on North Hanover Street to South Street, turns right onto West South Street and proceeds west to South Pitt Street. The parade turns right onto South Pitt Street and then north to West High Street, turns right at West High Street and disbands at the Square. The Memorial Day Ceremony at the Veterans Memorial Courtyard will begin at 10 a.m. and conclude at 10:45 a.m.
- Ford Parade, 7-9:30 p.m., June 1. Affected roads include Bryn Mawr Road and I Street, Carlisle Springs Road/Hanover Street from North Street to South Street, High Street from Bedford Street to West Street, North and South Pitt from Louther Street to Pomfret Street and East Pomfret to Eagles Lot. No parking will be permitted between North Street and Penn Street on Hanover.
- Corvette Parade, 6:30-10 p.m., Aug. 24. Affected streets are the same as those listed for the Ford Parade.
- Harvest of the Arts, 6 a.m.-8 p.m., Sept. 28. Street closures will include High Street from Hanover Street to College Street, Pitt Street from Louther Street to Pomfret Street and West Street from Dickinson Alley to Church Avenue.
- Carlisle Holiday Parade, 6-7:30 p.m., Dec. 6. Staging for the parade will be held at the Carlisle Events parking lot across from the old IAC site from 3 to 7 p.m. Affected roads will be Carlisle Springs Road to Hanover Street and Willow Street and West High Street from Hanover Street to Pitt Street.