This week The Sentinel takes a Closer Look at emergency services consolidation in Cumberland County:
- Why are so many emergency service providers talking about consolidation?
- What are local fire companies doing to regionalize, and why has the idea met resistance?
- Could one countywide fire department work in Pennsylvania?
- How does Northern York Regional Police Department cover 150 square miles effectively?
- How could a regional high school emergency services training program provide needed manpower to local fire companies and EMS organizations?
It’s becoming a reality in Shippensburg, under discussion in Carlisle, and causing waves in Mechanicsburg. Discussions range from fire and EMS…
The patient has an ugly burn on his hand from a mishap with a toaster. As the emergency medical technician on-scene begins to treat the patien…
Cumberland County has 33 fire companies for a population of about 250,000. Frederick County, Maryland, featuring a population 258,000, has just one.