This week’s Tour Through Time provides a look at Williams Grove Speedway racing images by Jim Bradley.
The Grove opened for dirt-track racing in 1939 in Monroe Township. The speedway is a half-mile banked smooth clay oval with speeds reaching in excess of 100 mph. It opened for the 2018 season March 11.
Tour Through Time runs every Saturday in The Sentinel as a joint project with the Cumberland County Historical Society.
Sentinel photographer Michael Bupp works with staff at the Historical Society each week to offer a look at Carlisle and the surrounding area through the years.
Please contact the Cumberland County Historical Society at 717-249-7610 with any information pertaining to these images.
Please send future ideas or suggestions to email@example.com.