These Cumberland County Historical Society photos were taken in 1955 at Boiling Springs' firehouse on Third Street, between Walnut and High streets. It was built in 1923 as a meeting place for the Modern Woodmen of America, a fraternal organization, and was purchased by the fire company in 1945. It served as the village firehouse until 1973, when firefighters moved into more spacious quarters along Forge Road. The two men pictured in front of an older model fire truck are Fire Chief Ira Stone, left, and treasurer John Paden, right.
Latest Local Offers
Wenger Meats & Ice
Gary Radabaugh Heating & Air Conditioning
Country Butcher Shop, Inc.