Tuesday's Sentinel police log:
Silver Spring Township Police (697-0607)
• Michael E. Keefer, 46, of Mechanicsburg was charged with false identification to law enforcement, driving while BAC greater than .02 percent while license suspended and speeding on Woods Drive at 6:45 a.m. June 4. According to police, Keefer was unable to provide a driver’s license or any type of identification and when asked for his name and date of birth he provided the officer with false information.
Hampden Township Police (761-2609)
• Two black men entered the 7-11 in the 4800 block of East Trindle Road at 3:34 a.m. June 24, demanded cash, grabbed several cartons of Newport 100s and fled the scene.
West Shore Regional Police (737-8734)
• Michelle Mekeal, 42, of York and Barbara A. Strohecker, 60, of Newberry were charged with disorderly conduct in the 1000 block of North Front Street in Wormleysburg at 12:10 a.m. May 27. According to police, Mekeal reported that she was assaulted by a woman while inside a vehicle traveling from Perdix, Perry County, to her home. The tensions escalated again in the area of 1000 North Front Street and the women got out of the car and began to fight, police said. The other woman then got back into the car and left the area. The woman was identified as Strohecker, and both were charged.
• Nicholas L. Grassi III, 36, and Tonia L. Draisey, 33, both of Lemoyne, were charged with disorderly conduct in the 700 block of Hummel Avenue at 11:15 p.m. May 31. At 10:35 p.m. officers were called to the home after neighbors reported hearing fighting and arguing going on for about 30 minutes. According to police, both admitted to officers that they had been arguing but were not aware that it had disturbed the neighbors. Both were warned that they needed to keep quiet and that a return trip would results in citations being issued, police said. Around 11:15 p.m., officers were called back to the same address for a report that the two were again arguing. When officers arrived on the scene they determined that both continued to argue and disturb the neighbors and they were cited.
Shippensburg Police (532-7361)
• John H. Lumsden, 29, of Shippensburg was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of simple assault in the 100 block of Roxbury Road at 7:40 p.m. June 23. According to police, he was involved in an argument with a neighbor and swung a wrench at the man’s head. He then spit on the man and ran, police said. During the investigation, Lumsden and two witnesses said he never had a wrench, but after he was arrested, he confessed to having the wrench, which was found under the rear steps of the home. He was taken to Cumberland County prison and held on $50,000 bail.
• A tan, red and black plaid carrying case with a Bible was lost in the area of Washington and King streets in the morning on June 24. According to police, the bag also contains sentimental photographs and a reward is offered by the owner for its return.
• A green Huffy bike was found in the 100 block of East King Street on June 8. The owner can contact the department to claim it.
State Police at Carlisle (249-2121)
• Two bicycles were stolen from a driveway in the 900 block of Spring Circle in Monroe Township while the victim was at work on June 22. Police seek information.
• Police are looking for a motorcycle after a hit-and-run on Creek Road in Monroe Township at 3:52 p.m. June 24. According to police, a 2005 ford F150 driven by Michael R. Blackburn Jr., 18, of Dillsburg was heading west when he decided to make a U-turn onto the shoulder of the road. Police say the vehicle slowed down and began to pull over when a blue Yamaha motorcycle bumped the driver’s door and drove off.
• Roger E. Ritter Jr., 32, of Mechanicsburg was charged with terroristic threats, make or repair offensive weapons, simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct in the 1500 block of Williams Grove Road in Monroe Township at 6 p.m. June 19. According to police, Ritter was involved in an argument with another man and they started to shove each other. The victim reported that Ritter said he was going to get his gun and shoot him. A short time later, Ritter was seen walking down the road with a rifle, but then returned home.
• A 2008 Shanghai Rocketa scooter was stolen from the front parking lot of Martin’s Motors in the 2200 block of Ritner Highway in South Newtown Township between 6 p.m. June 21 and 9:30 a.m. June 22. The vehicle was later returned with heavy damage.
• A .44 caliber handgun was stolen from a home in the 100 block of Big Spring Terrace in West Pennsboro Township between 9 and 11:46 p.m. June 23. According to police, an unknown person made entry into the home and stole the gun, fleeing the scene. Police seek information.
• Police are looking for a Ford vehicle after a hit-and-run on Booz Road in Hopewell Township at 1:44 a.m. June 22. According to police, a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo driven by Timothy J. Vaughn, 28, of Shippensburg, was heading north coming to a stop behind a vehicle, when the other vehicle began to back up and hit the front bumper of Vaughn’s vehicle, then drove off. No injuries were reported.
• A tractor-trailer was hit with an item after someone threw it off the overpass on Interstate 81, mile marker 29 in Southampton Township at 8:53 a.m. June 22.
• No injuries were reported after a vehicle hit a tree on Centerville Road in Penn Township at 5:20 p.m. June 20. According to police, a 2001 Toyota Corolla driven by Johanna C. Frost, 24, of Gardners was heading south around a curve that was covered in gravel, slid off the road and hit a tree. No charges were filed.
• A lawn mower was stolen out of the back of a vehicle in the 1400 block of Holly Pike in South Middleton Township at noon June 17.
• Two bicycles were stolen from a side yard of a home in the first block of East Pine Street in Mt. Holly Springs between 10 p.m. June 20 and 8:30 a.m. June 21.
• Robert A. Weigle, 82, of Carlisle was charged with driving vehicle at safe speed on Old York Road in South Middleton Township at 1:01 p.m. June 21. According to police, he was driving south when he attempted to make a left turn onto East York Road, lost control of his motorcycle and went off the road into a field. Weigle had moderate injuries and was taken to Carlisle Regional Medical Center by Yellow Breeches EMS.
• A Mt, Holly Springs man was injured after a motorcycle crash on Pine Road in Dickinson Township at 6:35 a.m. June 21. According to police, Randall W. Brownawell, 35, was driving a 1992 Harley-Davidson Sportster west when he attempted to swerve around a deer, lost control and dropped the bike. He suffered moderate injury and was taken to Carlisle Regional Medical Center by Yellow Breeches EMS.
• One person was injured after swerving to miss a deer carcass on Interstate 81 mile marker 57 in Silver Spring Township at 3:47 p.m. June 21. According to police, a 2001 Ford Taurus driven by Shannon J. Anderson, 19, of Harrisburg and a 2006 International Harvester 9200 Series driven by Ashley Q. Blauch, 46, of Lebanon were heading north when Anderson swerved to avoid the deer carcass and hit the tractor-trailer. The vehicle then ended up in the median. Anderson had minor injuries and was taken to Community General Osteopathic Hospital by Hampden EMS. No charges were filed.
• A green heavy-duty garbage container filled with copper coils, tubing and wires was stolen from a home in the 100 block of Big Spring Terrace in West Pennsboro Township between June 4 and 18. Police seek information.
• A home in the 1100 block of Mt. Rock Road in Upper Mifflin, was egged at 10 p.m. June 20. According to police, the unknown person drove by the home, threw the eggs at the house and fled.
• Tiffany L. Newberry, 23, of Carlisle was charged with burglary, theft by unlawful taking, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance in the 500 block of South Spring Garden Street in South Middleton Township at 11:48 a.m. June 13. According to police, Newberry was taken into custody for a burglary and was arraigned and held in Cumberland County Prison on $75,000 bail.
• Two unknown men attempted to steal items from the Game Stop store in the 200 block of Westminster Drive in South Middleton Township between 1:59 and 2:10 p.m. June 18.
State Police at Newport (567-3110)
• Eleven mailboxes were damaged on Bower Road and Creek Road in Carroll Township between 1 and 6 a.m. June 23. Police seek information.
• A 17-year-old was charged with underage drinking on Route 322 in Reed Township at midnight June 24. According to police, the vehicle was pulled over for a traffic infraction, and the youth was a passenger who was found to have been drinking.
State Police at Chambersburg (264-5161)
• A red and black free fall was stolen from a home in the 2000 block of Letterkenny Road in Hamilton Township between 6 and 8 p.m. June 20. Police seek information.
• A home in the 13000 block of Mercersburg Road in Montgomery Township was shot with yellow paintballs between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. June 20. Police seek information.
• Several items, including an iPhone, credit cards and money were stolen from a home in the 600 block of Mower Road in Guilford Township between 12:30 and 3 a.m. June 11. Police seek information.
• Fireworks were set off in several mailboxes on Jacks Mill Road and Rolling Road in St. Thomas Township between 11 p.m. June 22 and 8 a.m. June 23.
• Several items, including a vehicle radiator, chicken incubatory battery, scrap metal, a wall mounted drill, a garden cultivator and a horse drawn cultivator were stolen from a yard in the 12000 block of Shimpstown Road in Montgomery Township between 8 a.m. June 20 and 5 p.m. June 22. Police seek information.
• A wallet was stolen after being left at a gas pump at Rutters at the intersection of route 30 and Route 997 in Greene Township at 7:30 p.m. June 21.
• James R. Utermoehlen Jr., 18, of Mercersburg was charged with vehicles turning left on Social Island Road in Guilford Township at 6:27 p.m. June 22. According to police, he was driving a 1990 Honda Accord east when he began to make a left turn into a driveway and turned into the path of a 2001 Honda Accord driven by William J. Helman, 29, of Chambersburg. Three youth passengers in Helman’s vehicle were taken to Chambersburg Hospital for injuries to the face and arms. Both vehicles were towed.
• A 15-year-old girl of Chambersburg was charged with retail theft at Walmart in the 1700 block of Lincoln Way East in Guilford Township at 1:40 p.m. June 23. According to police, the youth took a dress and several bathing suits and attempted to leave the store without paying.
• A license plate was stolen off a vehicle in the 7200 block of Lincoln Way West in St. Thomas Township between 1 and 5 p.m. June 23. The plate reads, EZW1391. Police seek information.
• A tire was flattened on a vehicle in the 12000 block of Williamsport Pike in Antrim Township between 8 p.m. June 23 and 8 a.m. June 24.
• Barbara L. Goetz, 20, of Mercersburg was charged with driving on roadways laned for traffic on Warm Spring Road in Hamilton Township at 3:53 p.m. June 23. According to police, she was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt north when she lost control, went off the road, and hit several shrubs. No injuries were reported.
• Jordan T. Higgins, 20, of Doylesburg was charged with stop and yield signs on Path valley Road in Fannett Township at 2;29 p.m. June 24. According to police, he was driving a 2004 Jeep Liberty and was stopped at the stop sign with Dry Run Road, attempting to turn left onto Path Valley Road. Police say he started to pull out and was hit by a 2003 Hyundai Accent driven by Kassandra L. Lynch, 21, of Concord. She was taken to Chambersburg Hospital by Fannett Metal EMS for moderate injury.
Information is from police reports and may be incomplete depending on the status of an investigation. Phone numbers are non-emergency.