Thursday's Sentinel police log
Carlisle Police (243-5252)
• Tatiana Rosario, 27, of Harrisburg was charged with misdemeanor retail theft at 5 p.m. March 16 at Walmart, 60 Noble Blvd. Police said asset protection witnessed a woman concealing various items in a storage container and attempting to walk out of the store. Rosario was identified and arrested.
• Terrell L. Bledsoe, 25, of Mt. Holly Springs was charged with harassment, criminal mischief and two counts of simple assault at 9:26 p.m. March 16 in the 700 block of East Louther Street. Police said Bledsoe was involved in a domestic incident with three other people. He was found a short distance from the home.
• Sean K. Markel, 32, of Newville was charged with theft by unlawful taking and possession of a controlled substance at 2:12 p.m. March 16 in the 600 block of Belvedere Street. Officers were called to the theft of medication and said that Markel had stolen pills from the home.
• Angela Payton, 29, of Carlisle was charged with misdemeanor retail theft at 6:20 p.m. March 17 at Walmart, 60 Noble Blvd. Police said loss prevention officers caught Payton with $92.60 worth of groceries and hair care products in a Walmart bag that she had brought into the store in her purse.
• David F. Shank, 21, of Newville was charged with DUI, DUI highest rate, disorderly conduct and careless driving at 7:26 p.m. March 21 in the McDonald’s parking lot, 905 Walnut Bottom Road, after an incident in the Walmart parking lot 10 minutes prior. Police said the vehicle was seen driving off the side of the road and speeding, almost hitting other vehicles. The vehicle was pulled over and Shank was found to be driving and intoxicated, police said.
Middlesex Township Police (249-7191)
• Rodger Cassell, 41, and Heather Soto, 35, both of Mechanicsburg were charged with defiant trespass on March 23. Police said the two arrived at a residence they had been warned previously not to visit.
• Reynold Whitlow III, 45, of Carlisle was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct on March 24. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for swerving. As police initiated the overhead lights to conduct a traffic stop, Whitlow stopped and immediately jumped out of his car swearing and yelling at the officer, police said. Whitlow was told on numerous occasions to stop yelling obscenities and approached the officer further refusing orders to stop and take his hands out of his pockets. As the officer placed him into custody, Whitlow jerked his hand in an aggressive manner refusing to comply, police said. He was placed into custody and transported to booking.
• Police are looking for Christopher Fain, 41, of Campbellsville, Ky., after a fight at a hotel on March 24. He is wanted on charges of simple assault and harassment after police said he punched another person causing facial injuries. She was taken to the hospital. Fain had fled the scene prior to police arrival, police said. The room that was rented by the couple was searched by police and a large amount of blood was found in the room, police said. Fain is still at large and drives for Swift Trucking. He was last known to be driving a green International truck with a white Swift trailer, police said.
• Douglas Baker Jr., 20, of Carlisle was charged with simple assault, disorderly conduct, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, harassment and public drunkenness on March 25. Police were called to a motel for a physical domestic between a man and woman. While responding, Baker left in a vehicle, police said. The victim followed the vehicle and in the area of the Harrisburg Pike and North Middlesex Road. At a red light, Baker got out of the car and punched the victim’s car, causing damage to the mirror. Police arrived and blocked in the vehicle. Baker became combative and resisted officers when they attempted to place him under arrest, police said. The victim had visible injuries but did not require medical attention, police said.
Shippensburg Police (532-7361)
• Marylou Cartwright, 74, of Shippensburg was charged with careless driving after police say she lost control of her vehicle while putting on her seat belt at 4:02 a.m. March 25 in the 200 block of East Garfield Street. Police say her vehicle struck a parked vehicle, though no one was injured. Police say she admitted to taking sleeping medication and seemed unaware of her surroundings.
State Police at Carlisle (249-2121)
• Multiple items were taken from a ransacked residence at 8:35 p.m. March 16 in the 1400 block of Means Hollow Road, Shippensburg. Police said the suspect broke into a nearby shed to retrieve a ladder, then used it to climb into a second-story bedroom. The suspect ransacked the home and left through the front door, damaging multiple items outside the home as well.
• One person was injured in a crash at 7:42 a.m. March 25 on Burgners Road, Lower Frankford Township. Police said Brittany N. Egresitz, 18, of Carlisle was driving a 1996 Dodge Intrepid when she lost control around a curve and hit an embankment. She was taken to Carlisle Regional Medical Center by Cumberland Goodwill EMS due to an eye injury.
• Leon Chamberlain, 26, of Carlisle was charged with three counts of DUI controlled substance, driving while operating privilege suspended or revoked and failure to use safety belt on March 13 after an incident at the Carlisle Plaza mall and Route 74, Carlisle, at 12:55 a.m. Feb. 19. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations and Chamberlain was found to be driving and intoxicated.
• Sean M. Moyer, 22, of Shippensburg was charged with two counts of DUI, disregard traffic lane and no headlights on March 13 after an incident at 12:17 a.m. Feb. 24 on Route 696 at Bard Drive, Shippensburg Township. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations and Moyer was found to be driving and intoxicated.
• Cathy J. Kime, 53, of Carlisle was charged with DUI, DUI highest rate, failure to keep right, disregard traffic lane and careless driving on March 13 after an incident on East High Street at Spring Garden Street, Carlisle, at 12:05 a.m. Feb. 23. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations and Kime was found to be driving and intoxicated.
• Brittany Mason, 23, of Chambersburg was charged with DUI, DUI high rate, duties at stop signs and turning movements and required signals on March 22 after an incident at 2:04 a.m. March 9 on Fort and North Earl streets, Shippensburg Township. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations and Mason was found to be driving and intoxicated.
•Vicki L. Patterson, 55, of Carlisle was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 5:47 p.m. March 12 on Frytown Road, Upper Frankford Township. Police said officers were at a home for a follow-up investigation and found Patterson in possession of the items. She was also charged with retail theft at Dollar General, 98 Broad St., Newville, between 3 and 3:05 p.m. March 12. Police said she stole a pair of glasses and pack of beef jerky.
• Michael A. Decarlo, 29, of Shippensburg was charged with receiving stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:24 a.m. March 18 at the Shippensburg Shopping Center, Shippensburg Township. Police said Decarlo was found in possession of a stolen cellphone and paraphernalia.
• Samuel G. Rideout, 64, of Fayetteville was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on Interstate 81, Penn Township, at 8:18 a.m. March 5. Police said the vehicle was pulled over and Rideout was found in possession of the items.
State Police at Newport (567-3110)
• Lance McConnell, 21, of Duncannon was charged with possession of marijuana, three counts of possession of dug paraphernalia and depositing waste on a highway on March 15 after an incident at 6:57 p.m. Feb. 23 in the 300 block of New Bloomfield Road, Penn Township. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations and McConnell was found to be in possession of a controlled substance.
• James K. McKown, 45, of Elliottsburg was charged with DUI, DUI high rate and careless driving on March 25 after an incident in the 3500 block of Pleasant Valley Road, Saville Township, at 10:20 p.m. March 6. Police said McKown arrived at the scene of a crash, which involved a family member, and police found him to be intoxicated.
• Neal A. Brightbill, 42, of New Bloomfield was charged with simple assault and harassment at 11:50 p.m. March 17 in the first block of Sulphur Springs Road, Wheatfield Township. Police said Brightbill hit another person several times causing an injury to the person’s eye.
• Shaun L. Charles, 26, of Newport was charged with failure to verify address for Megan’s Law on March 21. Police said Charles failed to comply with registration of sexual offenders requirements between Feb. 1 and March 20.
• Jeremy Vazquez, 36, of Sunbury was charged with theft by unlawful taking at 7:30 a.m. March 11 in the 3300 block of Susquehanna Trail, Watts Township. Police said Vazquez stole batteries from Keystone Contracting and scrapped them.
State Police at Chambersburg (264-5161)
• Kristy L. Murphy, 34, of Shippensburg was charged with three counts of DUI controlled substance, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving without required financial responsibility and careless driving on March 19 after an incident on Carson Lane at Second Street at 12:59 a.m. Feb. 15. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for traffic violations and Murphy was found to be driving and intoxicated.
Information is from police reports and may be incomplete depending on the status of an investigation. Phone numbers are non-emergency.