The Sentinel area police log for July 15:
Carlisle Police (243-5252)
• A GPS unit, iPod and change were stolen from a vehicle in the 100 block of East Pomfret Street on July 14.
• A 17-foot Uhaul truck trailer was stolen from the car show campgrounds in the 100 block of Spring Road between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. July 14.
• A black 2012 Toyota Prius was stolen from the first block of West North Street between 8:30 p.m. July 13 and 7:30 a.m. July 14.
• Marc R. Hixon, 29, of Smithton, Pa., was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and summary public drunkenness in the first block of East Louther Street at 5:30 a.m. July 5. Police found Hixon lying in the middle of the crosswalk and he was arrested. During a search, the drug items were found, police said.
• Christopher Schuler, 22, of Shippensburg, was charged with misdemeanors DUI and DUI highest rate and summary restrictions on alcoholic beverages, no obeying traffic control devices and failure to keep right in the first block of West High Street at 11:41 p.m. July 4. The vehicle was pulled over after making an illegal turn from Market House Avenue onto East High Street, and Schuler was found driving and intoxicated, police said.
• Igor Jurinovic, 29, of Carlisle, was charged with misdemeanors carrying a firearm without a license, possession of a controlled substance, DUI, two counts of DUI controlled substance and operating without an interlock system and summary not using low beams in the first block of South Hanover Street at 10:20 p.m. July 4. Police said the vehicle was pulled over for not dimming its high-beams and Jurinovic was found to be driving and under the influence of heroin. Police said he also had an interlock license and the vehicle he was driving was not equipped with the ignition interlock and a loaded revolver was found on the driver’s side floor of the vehicle, and Jurinovic did not have a permit to carry a concealed firearm,
• Shawn D. Williams, 41, of Harrisburg, was charged with misdemeanor retail theft at Ross Distribution in the 1700 block of Shearer Drive at 11:12 a.m. July 2. Police said Williams was an employee and stole two pairs of sneakers.
North Middleton Township Police (243-7910)
• A vehicle was damaged in the 2100 block of Circle Road between July 11 and 12, possibly by rocks, police said. Police are also investigating similar calls along that road. Police seek information.
Shippensburg Police (532-7361)
• Police are looking for a white man, 5’6” tall, mid 20s to 30s with blonde hair wearing a black windbreaker and black baseball hat after the suspect attempted to enter an apartment in the 300 block of East Fort Street at 2:51 a.m. July 14. Police said the suspect tested the handle and the occupant of the apartment went to the door, and the suspect fled. Police seek information.
• Three windows of the Shippensburg Community Center, 115 N. Fayette St., were broken between June 25 and July 9. Police seek information.
• The glove compartment door, two CDs and the registration and insurance cards were stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of Schoolhouse Lane between 9:30 p.m. July 6 and 7:30 p.m. July 8. Police seek information.
State Police at Carlisle (249-2121)
• Police responded to a non-reportable crash on Airport Road at Walnut Bottom Road in Shippensburg Township on July 12 at 4:40 p.m. Police say Tiffany Shirley, of Shippensburg, was struck in the rear bumped by a Chevrolet Truck, two-tone brown and gold in color, which fled the scene after impact. Police seek information.
• Three people were injured in a crash on Roxbury Road, Lower Mifflin Township, at 10:59 p.m. July 13. Police said a 16-year-old girl of Carlisle was driving a 2000 Ford Explorer when she failed to stop at the intersection of North Middle Road and hit a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 driven by Tory L. Rockwell, 39, of Newville. The girl and two passengers in Rockwell’s vehicle, Kelly A. Rockwell, 34, of Newville and a child were taken to Carlisle Regional Medical Center by Newville EMS for moderate injury.
• Marie L. Gragg, 25, of Carlisle, was charged with misdemeanors DUI and DUI high rate on July 10 after an incident on South Norway Street at Robert Street, Mechanicsburg, at 2:04 a.m. June 14. Police said the vehicle was puled over and Gragg was found driving and intoxicated.
• Numerous ruts were left in a yard in the 500 block of Roxbury Road, Upper Mifflin Township, between 3 and 11 p.m. June 26.
State Police at Newport (567-3110)
• At 2:20 p.m. on July 13, police say someone got $48 worth of gasoline from Amanda’s Gas Station in Liverpool and did not pay for it.
• Between July 10 and July 11, police say someone attempted to make multiple transactions online using a credit card belonging to a resident of Carroll Township.
• Miscellaneous tools were reported stolen from a residence in the 4000 block of Spring Road in Carroll Township. The thefts occurred between July 4 and July 9. Police seek information.
• Angela Messina, 31, of Marysville, was cited for failing to drive on roadways laned for traffic stemming from a two-vehicle crash that happened at 9 p.m. on July 12 in Marysville. Police say that Messina attempted to make a right-hand turn from South Main Street onto Jacob Street. She lost control of her vehicle, and struck a parked vehicle in its front, driver’s side quarter panel. Messina then fled the scene.
• Police are investigating a hit-and-run crash that happened at 10:25 a.m. on July 13 in Carroll Township. Police say that a driver was traveling southbound on Route 34, when he hit an individual that was walking on the side of the roadway with his passenger side mirror. The driver stopped to check on the man, who said he was fine and that the mirror just clipped him. Police say the victim would not give his information to the driver and left the scene. The driver then called police. Police seek information.
• Police are investigating a burglary that happened at the American Legion in Newport on July 13. Between 1:30 a.m. and 2 a.m., police say someone entered the building and took unknown items. The investigation continues, and police seek information.
• A black plastic cart was stolen from behind a home in the 300 block of Barnett Street, New Bloomfield, between 7:15 a.m. and 7 p.m. July 9. Police seek information.
• Police are looking for a Hispanic man in his late 20s driving a new model red sedan after a burglary in the 100 block of Fox Hollow Road, Carroll Township, at 11:45 a.m. July 11. Police said the unknown suspect forced entry into the home, took a safe containing various coins, a Black and Decker drill and jewelry. Police seek information.
• Prescription medication was stolen from a purse while the woman was working at the Perry Village Nursing Home between June 9 and July 6.
• Money and a metal money clip were stolen from a home in the first block of North Second Street, Newport, between 10 a.m. July 8 and 2:20 p.m. July 10. Police seek information.
• Jackson Gohn, 27, and Elissa Alleman, 29, both of New Bloomfield, were charged with misdemeanors theft and receiving stolen property after an incident in the 200 block of Huckleberry Road, Centre Township, at 2:20 p.m. July 9. Troopers responded to a report of the theft of scrap metal, and while on scene Gohn and Alleman arrived with the intent to steal more metal. Police said it was determined that the two had been on the property twice the previous day and were arrested.
• Natasha L. Gray, 36, of Reedsville, was charged with misdemeanor DUI and DUI highest rate and summary driving on a suspended license, disregarding traffic lanes, depositing waste on a highway and careless driving on July 2 after an incident on Route 322 East, Howe Township, at 2:08 a.m. May 14. Police said the vehicle was pulled over and Gray was found driving and intoxicated.
• Russell E. Goad, 53, of Newport, was charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief on July 2 after an incident on North Fifth Street, Newport, at 9:58 p.m. June 22. Police said Goad slashed all four tires of a vehicle and was seen leaving the scene.
• John Mutzbaugh, 57, of Newport, was charged with misdemeanors DUI, DUI highest rate and blood alcohol content 0.02 or greater — second offense, and summary driving without a license, no rear lights, careless driving and failure to use a safety belt on July 3 after an incident on North Fourth Street, Oliver Township, at 8:26 p.m. June 18. Police said the vehicle was pulled over and Mutzbaugh was found driving and intoxicated.
• Derek M. Miller, 23, of York, was charged with misdemeanor receiving stolen property and summary driving an unregistered vehicle, display plate card in improper vehicle, using an improper license class, driving on a suspended license, operating without inspection and operating without insurance on July 2 after an incident on Routes 22/322, Watts Township, at 9:27 p.m. June 30. Police said Miller was driving a vehicle with a stolen license plate out of Altoona.
• Jennifer I. Wright, 36, of Newport, was charged with misdemeanors DUI and DUI highest rate and summary charges of careless driving, not driving at a safe speed and disregarding traffic lanes on July 8 after an incident on Route 849, Juniata Township, at 11:33 p.m. June 11. Police said Wright was involve din a crash where the vehicle hit a stone wall and a tree. She was found to be intoxicated, police said.
• Troy L. Miller, 35, of Elizabethville, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of simple assault and two summary counts of harassment on Route 34 at Wentzel’s Mill, Oliver Township, at 2:16 p.m. July 6. Police said Miller assaulted another person during an argument.
• Larry E. Stewart III, 38, of Blain, was charged with misdemeanor indecent assault and summary harassment on July 9 after an incident at Perry Village Nursing Home, 213 E. Main St., New Bloomfield, on June 18. Police said Stewart, who is a patient, inappropriately touched a nurse.
• Personal items were stolen from a home in the 100 block of village Square Drive, Carroll Township, between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. July 4.
• Ryan K. Rodriguez, 28, of Shermans Dale, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault and summary harassment in the first block of Lower Drive, Carroll Township, at 11:33 a.m. July 12. Police said Rodriguez assaulted another person with a hanger and spit at the victim.