Shippensburg Police (717-532-7361)
- Windows in two different vehicles were broken while parked in a driveway in the 100 block of Craig Street at about 2:30 a.m. May 11. Someone did enter the vehicles, but police said the victims are unsure if anything was taken.
- Someone may have gained entry into a home in the 400 block of East King Street between 7 p.m. and 8:20 p.m. May 9 through a first-floor kitchen window that was left open. Nothing was reported missing.
- It was reported May 9 that the display screen of a gas pump was shot with a BB gun in the 500 block of East King Street. Police said this is the second incident in about three weeks. Police seek information.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Barbara Dickens Albert, 63, of Carlisle, was injured after a one-vehicle crash in the 2900 block of Ritner Highway, West Pennsboro Township, at 9:46 a.m. May 10. Police said she was driving south on Ritner Highway when she struck a deer. She suffered minor injuries but refused transport.
- Nyree Khalil Ali, 18, of Philadelphia, was charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop at 8:49 p.m. May 4 on Fogelsanger Road at Burd Run Drive in Shippensburg Township. Police said they searched the vehicle after detecting an odor of marijuana and found a small pill bottle containing marijuana in the rear foldable armrest area.
- A Newville man reported that his Glock 19 handgun had gone missing from his vehicle sometime between Feb. 11 and Feb. 18, police reported on May 12. The gun with a loaded magazine is valued at $499.
- A driver was injured after a two-vehicle crash on Interstate 81 in Penn Township at 4:52 p.m. May 11. Police said Billy Jo Burger, 43, of Chambersburg, was driving a 2007 Honda Civic in the left lane of I-81 north when she tried to avoid a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 driven by Chris A. King, 52, of Saint Thomas, who attempted to switch lanes from the right to left without seeing Burger’s vehicle. Burger lost control of her vehicle, which rolled over in the median, resting on its roof. King was cited for overtaking a vehicle on the left.
- A bicyclist was injured after a crash on Williams Grove Road in Monroe Township at 4:47 p.m. May 11. Police said Glenn L. Carnahan, 70, of Mechanicsburg, was traveling south on Williams Grove Road when he made a U-turn and failed to see a 2018 Toyota Highlander in his blind spot, which struck the bicycle, causing him to fall off. Carnahan suffered minor injuries and was transported by West Shore EMS to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital. The driver of the vehicle, Kelly A. Eckroth, 46, of Mechanicsburg, was not injured.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- A vehicle was scratched on Blain Road, in Blain Borough, sometime between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. April 29, police reported May 12.
- Police are investigating a case of criminal mischief in which dead animals are being placed within mailboxes on Perry Valley Road, Greenwood Township, on May 10.
- Two safes containing cash were stolen from a residence on Pfautz Road, Penn Twonship, sometime between 9:30 a.m. Feb. 15 and 4 p.m. Feb. 26, police reported May 12.
Fairview Township Police (717-901-5267)
- Police are investigating a home invasion robbery at an apartment on Boeing Road at 7:46 p.m. May 10. Police said three men forced their way into the apartment through an open window and confronted a woman and a 14-year-old who both live at the residence. Police said the men appeared to be Hispanic and spoke in both English and Spanish and had bandannas covering their faces. At least one was armed with a handgun, which was pointed at the victims. The men stole a 70-inch TV, a Playstation 4 and a Nikon digital camera before leaving in a tan SUV. No one was harmed in the incident.
Information is from police reports and may be incomplete depending on the status of an investigation. Phone numbers are non-emergency.