Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Samuel J. Johnson Jr., 45, of Carlisle, was charged with endangering the welfare of children, simple assault, possession of a small amount of marijuana, harassment and public drunkenness after a domestic incident in the 100 block of East Louther Street at 3:25 p.m. March 10. Police said Johnson had pushed a woman and a 2-year-old boy down the stairs and fled the scene. He was located a few blocks away, and during a search, he was found to have marijuana in his pocket. He remains in prison on $10,000 bail.
- Ashleigh Morgan Williams, 22, of Lewistown, was charged with DUI general impairment, DUI highest rate and careless driving after a crash at the intersection of Hanover and High streets in Carlisle at 1:50 a.m. March 10. Police said Williams was the driver of the striking vehicle, and they detected an odor of alcohol on her breath. They conducted coordination exercises and placed her under arrest for DUI. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May.
Shippensburg Police (717-532-7361)
- A scooter was stolen between March 6 and March 7 from the 200 block of East Martin Avenue. The 2009 Chongqing Shineray scooter is yellow and displays Pennsylvania registration 2AG61. Police seek information.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Items were stolen out of two unlocked vehicles in the first block of Adams Road, South Middleton Township, between 7:30 p.m. March 4 and 7:35 a.m. March 5.
- A vehicle’s driver-side window was damaged in the 200 block of Middle Road, Lower Mifflin Township, between 8 a.m. March 6 and 2:37 p.m. March 9.
- A Stihl chainsaw was stolen from a garage on Timber Lane, Lower Mifflin Township, between 8 a.m. Feb. 24 and noon March 3.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- A woman was injured after a one-vehicle crash on Veterans Way in Tyrone Township at 1:06 p.m. March 2. Police said Lindsay M. Wetzler, 35, of Shermans Dale, was driving a 1999 Ford Mustang on Route 74 when she lost control of the vehicle, which left the road and struck a tree. Wetzler was transported via Landisburg EMS to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital.
- One person was injured after a two-vehicle crash on Route 322 approaching Route 11/15 in Watts Township at 10:21 p.m. March 5. Police said Benedicto G. Sanchez, 59, of Orlando, Florida, was driving north on Route 11/15 when he drove his 1999 Honda Accord the wrong way onto the Route 322 eastbound off-ramp. Police said he came onto Route 322 east traveling in the wrong direction and struck a 2013 Dodge Challenger, driven by Paul D. Zurick, 52, of Lancaster. Sanchez was injured and transported by Duncannon EMS to UPMC Pinnacle West Shore. Two of Sanchez’s passengers were not injured, and Zurick had a “possible injury” but was not transported to the hospital.
- A driver was injured in a one-vehicle crash on Route 17 in Liverpool Township at 10:37 p.m. March 7. Police said Mary A. Gelnett, 50, of Liverpool, was driving a 2000 Dodge Dakota on Route 17 when she lost control due to excessive speed when hitting a patch of black ice and left the road. The vehicle came to rest on its roof in a ditch. Gelnett was not wearing her seat belt. She was transported by Millerstown Ambulance League to UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg. A passenger who was wearing a seat belt was not injured.
- A Loysville man was flown from the scene of a one-vehicle crash on Raccoon Valley Road in Tuscarora Township at 9:20 p.m. March 10. Police said Corey A. Benner, 47, was driving a 1996 Ford Explorer on Route 17 in the area of Iron Ore Lane at a high rate of speed when he lost control of the vehicle on a left curve in the road, crossing lanes, leaving the road, striking a wooden fence, going airborne and rolling over multiple times before the vehicle came to rest on its roof. Benner was ejected from the vehicle and flown from the scene via Life Lion to Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Police said alcohol is a suspected factor in the crash.