Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Sandra L. Brownawell, 40, of Mount Holly Springs, was charged with retail theft after police said she attempted to leave a store in the 200 block of South Spring Garden Street with merchandise valued at $371 in her cart at 1:58 p.m. Feb. 3.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Someone made excessive noise, possibly firing shots from a vehicle, in the 500 block of Mountain Road in South Middleton Township at 8:30 p.m. Dec. 25.
- Someone attempted to break into a vehicle in the 200 block of McAllister Church Road in West Pennsboro Township at 1:08 a.m. Jan. 30.
- A Monroe Township man was assaulted in his residence in the 300 block of Old Stonehouse Road by an unknown person at 8 a.m. Jan. 28. Police seek information.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- Someone stole a wallet at Mutzabaugh’s Family Market, Duncannon, as the victim was pumping gas at 2 p.m. Dec.24. Police seek information.
- Police are investigating a Jan. 20 crash that occurred at 7:18 a.m. in the 600 block of Fickes Lane in Oliver Township when an unknown vehicle backed out of a driveway and hit a lightpole in front of the residence across the street. Police seek information.
- Christopher C. Mehalick, 24, of Londonderry, New Hampshire, was transported by Liverpool EMS to Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center after a Jan.28 crash. Police said Mehalick was driving a 2016 Polaris 850 Scrambler ATV south on Spruce Run Road in Liverpool Township when he lost control of the ATV and was thrown from it.
- A mailbox was damaged in the 400 block of Sandy Hollow Road in Carroll Township between 2 p.m. Feb. 4 and 4:45 p.m. Feb. 5. Police seek information.
- Between 12:01 a.m. Feb. 1 and 3:30 p.m. Feb. 6, someone entered a home in the first block of East Main Street in New Bloomfield. A rear entry door and multiple windows were damaged. Police seek information.
- Katelyn L. Soder, 19, of Liverpool, was taken to Geisinger Holy Spirit for suspected minor injuries after a crash at 2;34 p.m. Feb. 4. Police said Soder was trying to merge her 2015 Chevrolet Spark onto Susquehanna Trail in Reed Township in heavy snow. The car slid to the left and hit a concrete barrier.
- Mirna L. Amengual, 24, of Newport, was taken to Holy Spirit by New Bloomfield EMS after a crash at 12:59 p.m. Feb. 2. Police said Amengual was driving a 2003 Chevrolet Ventura south on Route 34 in Carroll Township when he swerved to avoid a car turning into a driveway. The vehicle went off the road and hit an embankment, causing disabling damage. A passenger in the car, Hector M. Amengual, 21, was not injured.
- Amanda O. Reichert 31, was taken to Holy Spirit by Shermans Dale EMS after she was a passenger at a crash at 12:35 p.m. Feb.4. Police said Michael J. Smiley, 42, of Mechanicsburg was driving a 2007 Dodge Nitro south on Windy Hill Road in the snow. While going downhill, Smiley lost control of the car and slid off the roadway, hitting an embankment and a tree stump before rolling onto its passenger side.
- Two people were taken to Holy Spirit by New Bloomfield EMS after a crash at 11:52 a.m. Feb. 4. Police said Joseph D. Dailey, 20, of Landisburg, was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Blazer west on Route 274 when he lost control of the vehicle in slippery road conditions, hitting head-on a 2010 Nissan Rogue driven by Brion R. Reisinger, 54, of Landisburg, who was driving east. Reisinger and his passenger, Rebecca L. Reisinger, 45, of Landisburg, were taken to the hospital for suspected minor injuries.