North Middleton Township Police (717-243-7910)
- Bradley John Hartman, 30, of Carlisle, was charged with receiving stolen property and theft by deception after police said he pawned items that did not belong to him at a local store on Jan. 24. He was taken into custody on Feb. 3 and remains in prison on $15,000 bail.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Police are looking for a white man who stole a child’s red 18-inch Avigo bicycle from the yard of a home in the first block of East Main Street, West Pennsboro Township, about 1 p.m. Jan. 22. Police said the man was seen at a nearby business a short time later riding the bicycle. He is described as having a beard and mustache and was wearing a blue jacket and black knit cap. The value of the bicycle is $90.
- A trespassing and littering incident was reported in the parking lot of W.G. Rice Elementary School, 805 Holly Pike, South Middleton Township, at 8 p.m. Feb. 2.
- Police are investigating a hit-and-run in which a Kia Sorrento struck a 2008 Ford E-250 while moving from the left lane to the right lane of Interstate 81 north in Middlesex Township at 3:09 p.m. Feb. 3. Police said the driver of the striking vehicle did stop at first on the 52A exit ramp, but left as the driver of the second vehicle was getting out of his truck. No injuries were reported at the scene. The striking vehicle was a light blue/gray bearing temporary Maryland registration T45566. The driver was a black man in his 30s, police said.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- A 12-year-old Elliottsburg boy faces a harassment charge after police said he sent messages threatening to cause harm to a 13-year-old girl about 7 p.m. Jan. 22.
- Police are investigating a hit-and-run in which an unknown vehicle traveling south on Narrows Road north of Paradise Road, Wheatfield Township, traveled off the road and struck a traffic sign at 10:12 p.m. Feb. 1. The vehicle then fled the scene.
- Police are investigating a hit-and-run in which an unknown vehicle traveling south on Bellview Road north of Valley Road, Rye Township, failed to make the left curve in the road and instead struck a mailbox and struck a pillar at 12:41 p.m. Jan. 16. The vehicle then fled south.
- Three people were injured after a two-vehicle crash involving a tractor-trailer on Old Trail Road near Route 34 in Buffalo Township at 7:51 p.m. Jan. 12. Police said Jonathan Collado, 26, of Lemoyne, was driving a 2009 Ford E-450 south on Old Trail Road in the right lane when he struck a tractor-trailer driven by Joseph A. Smith, 62, of Reisterstown, Maryland. Collado, Smith and Smith’s passenger, Terry L. Smith, 66, of Baltimore, were transported by Millerstown EMS to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital. Both vehicles sustained disabling damage. Collado was cited for following too closely.
- Police reported on Feb. 5 that someone keyed a vehicle on Big Spring Road, Toboyne Township, between 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Dec. 14. The victim said she had parked on the street to attend a funeral and when she returned, the vehicle had been keyed and there was a note stating that she had blocked a driveway.
- An Ickesburg man was injured after a one-vehicle crash on McMillen Road, Northeast Madison Township, at 4:28 a.m. Jan. 30. Police said Russell J. Ruth, 52, was driving a 2002 BMW 325 XI east on McMillen Road at the intersection with Tuscarora Path when he failed to stop due to slick road conditions, traveled over the road and struck an embankment. Ruth was transported via Blain EMS to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital.
- A 16-year-old girl was injured after a one-vehicle crash on Greenbriar Road, Spring Township, at 9:38 a.m. Jan. 30. Police said the Elliottsburg girl was driving a 2000 Toyota Corolla west on Greenbriar Road when she lost control of the vehicle, sliding off the road and hitting a tree. She was transported by Landisburg EMS to UPMC Pinnacle West Shore. Police said she was traveling too fast for conditions.