Shippensburg Police (717-532-7361)
- Danielle R. Varner, 32, of Shippensburg, was charged with bad checks. Police said she deposited several checks into her credit union account on Jan. 6, and then withdrew more than the amount in her account, including the deposits. Varner failed to respond to a letter from the credit union demanding payment within 10 days, and she also failed to respond to a phone conversation.
- Tony W. Barclay, 49, of Shermans Dale, was charged with bad checks after police said he issued several checks to another individual as payment knowing his account did not have enough funds to cover the checks. The individual’s credit union received information that the checks issued by Barclay came back marked “insufficient funds.” Barclay did not respond to a 10-day demand letter from the credit union asking for payment.
East Pennsboro Township Police (717-732-3633)
- James A. Snyder Jr., 19, of Harrisburg, was charged with possession drug paraphernalia, prohibited offensive weapons and driving under suspension after a traffic stop at 8:08 p.m. Jan. 6. Police said Snyder was stopped on 2nd Street at Clay Street in West Fairview. During the stop, police noted the smell of marijuana. Snyder admitted to smoking marijuana in the car earlier, and told police that a small amount of marijuana was still in the car. During a search of the car, police found marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a set of brass knuckles.
- Justin A. Hoffman, 19, of Etters, was charged with theft after police said he took $260 in cash from the cash registers while he was employed at the Kmart on Enola Road between Dec. 29 and Jan. 10.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Someone threw an egg at a vehicle on Forge Road between Fairview Street and Woodlawn Lane, hitting a car as it was in motion at 7 p.m. Feb. 26.
- No one was injured in a crash on Interstate 81 at 3:07 a.m. Feb. 25. Police said Miguel A. Gregorio, 32, of Gaithersburg, Maryland, was driving a 2008 Ford Explorer north on I-81 near Baltimore Road when he passed through standing water, which caused him to lose control and go off the road where it hit a tree.