Carlisle Police (717-243-5252)
- Clarence Owens, 53, of Carlisle, was charged with five felony counts of retail theft after police said he stole a Bunn coffeemaker, two flat screen televisions, a juicer and a vacuum from Walmart between Feb. 2 and 15. The items were valued at $1,700. Police said Owens was found to have the coffeemaker during a traffic stop of a vehicle in which he was a passenger. During a follow-up with Walmart Asset Protection, police found that Owens had taken the coffeemaker without paying for it that day. Walmart also had information about Owens taking merchandise on other occasions. Police said Robin Gray, 46, of Carlisle, helped Owens take a flat screen television valued at $698 from the store on Feb. 15. Gray was charged with misdemeanor retail theft. Owens remains in Cumberland County Prison on $49,000 bail.
State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Jared Hoffman, 28, of Mechanicsburg was charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct after a disturbance at 7:21 p.m. Feb. 26 in the 1500 block of Williams Grove Road, Monroe Township. He is being held in Cumberland County Prison on $10,000 bail.
- A tax return bank card was taken from the 300 block of Walnut Dale Road, Southampton Township, at 10 p.m. Feb. 25.
- A vehicle was stolen from a driveway in the 200 block of Wildwood Road, Upper Franklin Township, between 3 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. Feb. 13. The vehicle has been returned, and police continue to investigate.
- Power tools and scrap metal were stolen from the 300 block of South Penn Street, Shippensburg Township, between Dec. 22, 2017, and Jan. 15. Police are investigating.