State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- Eight people were transported to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital for suspected minor injuries after a crash at 10:01 p.m. Feb. 19 on Interstate 81 south near mile marker 32 in South Newtown Township. Police said Nilza A. Hughes, 33, of Chambersburg, was driving a 2003 Toyota Sienna south when she lost control due to a tire blowout. The vehicle went off the road, hit a guardrail and overturned onto the passenger side. The car then turned back upright facing north on the west shoulder of the highway. Hughes was taken to the hospital along with adult passengers Ruben L. Cruz-Perez, 32, of Chambersburg, and Amanda M. Yost, 31, of Chambersburg. Five children were also taken to the hospital.
State Police at Newport (717-576-3110)
- Michael E. Kennedy, 49, of Elliottsburg, was taken to Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital for suspected serious injuries after a crash at 8:32 p.m. Feb. 12 in Tyrone Township. Police said Kennedy was driving a 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 east on Sheaffers Valley Road when he went into the oncoming lane of traffic and off the road while attempting to negotiate a curve to the left. The car hit an embankment and rolled over, hitting a mailbox, a chicken and a bush before coming to rest after hitting the chimney of a house in the 700 block of Sheaffers Valley Road. Police said Kennedy was not wearing a seatbelt, and that alcohol may be a factor in the crash.
- Two people were taken to Geisinger Holy Spirit for suspected minor injuries after a crash at 7 p.m. Feb. 18 in Buffalo Township. Police said Christopher Cummings, 34, of Richfield, was driving a 2004 Jeep Liberty east in the 500 block of Hunters Valley Road when he failed to negotiate a right-hand curve and crossed over into the westbound lane of travel, went off the road, became airborne and rolled over several times before coming to a rest on the road blocking both lanes. A passenger, Kristina M. Reynolds, 24, of Richfield, was ejected out of the front right window. Both Cummings and Reynolds were wearing seat belts. Cummings was taken to Holy Spirit by ambulance, while Reynolds was taken by helicopter to the hospital for evaluation and treatment. Police said Cummings showed signs of impairment.
- Matthew Allen Longwell, 30, of New Bloomfield, was charged with driving under the influence and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle after police responded to an incident at 12:46 a.m. Jan. 21. Police responded to a home in the first block of Amanda Boulevard in Wheatfield Township, and found that Longwell had taken a van belonging to a resident without permission. The resident advised police that Longwell frequented a strip club in Duncannon, and was highly intoxicated. Longwell was found at the club and arrested.
- An unknown man pumped $20.08 worth of unleaded gas into a silver Nissan at the Sunoco gas station in the 3700 block of Shermans Valley Road, Tyrone Township, at 3:26 p.m. Feb. 18, and drove off without paying for it. A female passenger was in the car. Police seek information.
- A boat, tools, custom motorcycle and a 2004 silver Ford pick-up was stolen from the 200 block of Peach Ridge Road, Saville Township, between Aug. 1 and 31, 2017. Police seek information.