State Police at Carlisle (717-249-2121)
- A passenger was injuredin a two-vehicle crash on Shippensburg Road, North Newton Township, at 10:56 a.m. Dec. 20. Police said Roberta P. Lehman, 38, of Newville, was traveling south in a 2012 Ford Edge on Bullshead Road approaching the intersection of Shippensburg Road when she failed to come to a complete stop at the two-way stop sign and struck a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Donald G. Young, 77, of Newville. The Chrysler came to rest underneath a utility pole, while the Ford Edge continued to travel south across the intersection, finally striking the stop sign and street sign. The two drivers weren't injured, but Young's passenger, Patricia Black, 77, of Newville, was injured. Lehman was cited for failing to obey stop signs.
State Police at Newport (717-567-3110)
- Someone stole medication and cash from a residence in the 800 block of Freedom Street, Oliver Township, at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 29, police reported Dec. 23.
- A driver was injured in a two-vehicle crash on State Road, Penn Township, at 2:40 p.m. Dec. 22. Police said Robert L. Dietz Jr., 31, of Duncannon, was driving a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado south on State Road when he drifted over the dividing line and struck a 2015 Ford Escape driven by Darlene L. Kapp, 55, of Duncannon. Kapp was transported via Duncannon EMS to West Shore Hospital. Dietz was not injured and was cited for failing to drive on roadways laned for traffic.
- Electronic equipment was discovered Dec. 21 along Inn Road at Watershed Road, Penn Township. Police are investigating it as a report of scattering rubbish.
- Two people were injured in a three-vehicle crash on Windy Hill Road, Carroll Township, at 3:41 p.m. Dec. 20. Police said James L. Kirk Jr., 57, of Shermans Dale, was driving a 1996 Saturn SL1 in the 300 block of Windy Hill Road when he crested the hill and rear-ended a stopped 2016 Honda Fit, which then struck another vehicle stopped in the lane, a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan. A passenger in Kirk's vehicle, Sherrie A. Collins, 47, of Shermans Dale, and the driver of the second vehicle, Dorothy A. Pines, 66, of Shermans Dale, were injured in the crash. Both were transported to different hospitals via Silver Spring and Shermans Dale EMS. Kirk and the third driver, Thomas F. Burda, 38, of Shermans Dale, were not injured. Kirk was cited for failing to drive at a safe speed.