Friday's Sentinel police log
Carlisle Police (243-5252)
• A wallet was stolen from a purse after it was left on a kitchen table in a home in the 100 block of East Chapel Avenue between 9 p.m. Sept. 25 and 2 p.m. Sept. 26. According to police, the wallet contained $380.
• A Carlisle woman reported recently that her identity was used to open utility accounts in St. Ann, Mo., starting September 2010. The victim reported that she became aware of this when she started getting collection calls for non-payment.
• Maxazina D. Brown, 36, of Chambersburg was charged with retail theft at 4:08 p.m. Sept. 15 at Walmart in the first block of Noble Boulevard. According to police, loss prevention apprehended Brown for the theft of bedding and clothing items valued at $75.69.
• Tyler J, Kutz, 23, of Mt. Holly Springs was charged with retail theft at 10:24 p.m. Sept. 11 at Sheetz in the 1900 block of Ritner Highway. According to police, Kutz stole a $4 sandwich from the store.
• Michael A. Danner, 28, of Franklintown was charged with retail theft and theft by deception at 9:54 a.m. Sept. 22 at Walmart in the first block of Noble Boulevard. According to police, Danner entered the store with an empty shopping cart and loaded items from the shelf and returned them without a receipt. He then used the funds to purchase groceries from the store, according to police. Police say he also stole a 24-pack of Pepsi from the shelf.
• Danielle Shealer, 25, of Carlisle was charged with retail theft and theft by deception at Walmart in the first block of Noble Boulevard on Sept. 23 after an incident that police say occurred on Sept. 3. According to police, an employee of the store was reviewing no receipt returns paperwork and started investigating a transaction that took place the prior day, found video of the woman entering the store empty handed, and watched as she selected items from the shelf and returned them. She was given a gift card in the amount of $50 and officers identified her as Shealer, police said.
Hampden Township Police (761-2609)
• Two GPS units were stolen from a vehicle at 5:34 p.m. Sept. 26 in the 5900 block of Westover Drive.
• An iPhone was stolen from Giant at 11:18 a.m. Sept. 25 in the 5300 block of Simpson Ferry Road.
• Beer was stolen from a garage at 8:48 p.m. Sept. 24 in the 5400 block of Joshua Road.
Shippensburg Police (532-7361)
• Laura Schoonover, 23, of Chambersburg was charged with DUI and DUI high rate at 1:21 a.m. Sept. 6 on South Prince and East Garfield streets. According to police, the vehicle was pulled over for an equipment violation and Schoonover was found driving and intoxicated.
• Ethan Naylor, 22, of Shippensburg was charged with DUI and DUI high rate at 2:45 a.m. Sept. 7 in the 200 block of Walnut Street. According to police, the vehicle was seen driving at a high rate of speed and pulled over. Police say Naylor was found driving and intoxicated.
State Police at Carlisle (249-2121)
• Cash, in the amount of $125, was stolen from a lunch box that was kept in the refrigerator in the break room of Allen Distribution in the 600 block of Allen Road in South Middleton Township between 6 and 8:15 a.m. Sept. 22.
• A wallet that was left in a shopping cart at PetSmart in the 200 block of Westminster Drive in South Middleton Township was stolen at 10 a.m. Sept. 23. According to police, the victim left her wallet in the cart, and when she returned, it was found missing. Police seek information.,
• Copper pipe was stolen from a building owned by a California company in the 2200 block of Walnut Bottom Road in Dickinson Township between 10 a.m. Sept. 18 and 10 a.m. Sept. 26. Police seek information.
• Brittany A. Witherite, 24, of Carlisle was charged with DUI and DUI highest rate at 7:20 p.m. Aug. 22 in the 1500 block of Commerce Avenue in South Middleton Township.
• Jason C. Reuter, 22, of Shippensburg was charged with DUI, DUI highest rate, driving the wrong way and careless driving at 3:53 a.m. Aug. 26 on Cooper Avenue at Queen Street in Shippensburg Township.
• Harvey B. Ramer, 28, of Newville was charged with DUI, DUI high rate, failure to stop at a red signal, disregard traffic lane and period for required lighted lamps on Route 11 at Allen Road in Carlisle at 1:49 a.m. Aug. 25.
• John N. Carone Jr., 22, of Shippensburg was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, improper stop, disregard traffic lane and three counts DUI controlled substance at 11:05 p.m. Aug. 24 at Bard Drive at Bard Road in Shippensburg Township.
• Mark A. Hunter, 41, of York was charged with theft by unlawful taking in the 100 block of Water Street in Shippensburg between Oct. 10, 2011 and May 15. According to police, the incident took place while the homeowner was away in the hospital for surgery for seven months and allowed a friend to stay at the home. When the owner returned, he noticed tools and personal items missing.
• Howard L. Schlusser Jr., 43, of Newville was charged with DUI, DUI highest rate, duties at stop signs, driving at safe speed and careless driving at 1:54 p.m. Sept. 8 in the 100 block of Brick Church Road in Upper Frankford Township, after a traffic stop.
• One person was injured in a crash on Walnut Bottom Road in Southampton Township at 4:45 a.m. Sept. 15. According to police, a 1994 Toyota Tercel driven by Levi A. Runshaw, 20, of Shippensburg was heading west in the 600 block of Walnut Bottom Road when the vehicle left the road and hit another parked vehicle. Runshaw’s vehicle then continued, hitting another parked car, which forced that vehicle into a fourth vehicle. Runshaw’s vehicle then spun and came to rest. He was taken to Chambersburg Hospital by Shippensburg EMS for minor injury.
• Kristina M. Bell, 19, of Dillsburg was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia at 10:48 a.m. Sept. 15 at SCI Camp Hill, 2500 Lisburn Road, Lower Allen Township. According to police, she was found to be in possession of the items at the prison.
• Deanna K. Peiffer, 31, of Carlisle was charged with bad checks at Karns Foods in the 400 block of Forge Road in South Middleton Township for incidents between March 7 and 14. According to police, Peiffer passed four checks that were returned for insufficient funds, totaling $912.52.
• Tara L. Oboyle, 29, of Jermyn, Pa., was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of a controlled substance at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 22 in the 2500 block of Lisburn Road in Lower Allen Township. According to police, Oboyle was attempting to visit an inmate at SCI Camp Hill and was found in possession of marijuana, a smoking device and non-prescribed narcotic medications during a random check by security personnel.
• Dakotah L. Dingle, 19, of St. Thomas was charged with retail theft at 1 p.m. Sept. 20 at Lowes in the 200 block of South Conestoga Drive in Shippensburg Township. According to police, Dingle placed tools in his shopping bag and walked out of the store without paying. The total amount was $978.
• Angela J. Westhafer, 35, of Mechanicsburg was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:23 a.m. Sept. 22 on Carlisle Pike at Route 581 in Hampden Township. According to police, the vehicle was pulled over and Westhafer was found in possession of the items.
State Police at Newport (567-3110)
• Police are looking for a partially bald, 50-year-old man with glasses after they say he used the full-service gas pump at 5:43 p.m. Sept. 26 at Amanda’s in the first block of Juniata Parkway East in Howe Township, and drove off without paying. Police say the man was driving a dark green Buick Century. Police seek information.
• Various medications were stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Fox Hollow Road in Carroll Township between 8:30 p.m. Sept. 24 and 9 a.m. Sept. 25. Police seek information.
• Andrew S. Stevens, 21, of New Cumberland was charged with DUI, DUI highest rate, turning movements and required signals and careless driving at 2:20 a.m. Aug. 19 on Routes 11/15 at Black Hawk Boulevard in Penn Township.
• James O. Sherrick, 54, of Duncannon was charged with possession of a controlled substance, DUI, DUI highest rate, speeding, careless driving and failure to use a safety belt at 7:20 p.m. Aug. 28 on Route 11/15 at Bucks Valley Road in Buffalo Township. According to police, the vehicle was pulled over for speeding, and Sherrick was found to be under the influence. Police say he also had pills in a bottle without a proper prescription.
• James Brenneman, 37, of Landisburg was charged with DUI, DUI high rate, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving without insurance, driving without inspection and careless driving at 9:39 p.m. Sept. 5 in the 6400 block of Spring Road in Carroll Township. According to police, the vehicle was pulled over and Brenneman was found driving and intoxicated.
State Police at Chambersburg (264-5161)
• Three prescription drug bottles containing percocet, klonopin and adderall were stolen from a Carlisle woman’s vehicle parked at the Scotland School for Veteran Children in the 3500 block of Scotland Road in Scotland, Pa., between 1 and 4 p.m. Sept. 23. Police seek information.
Information is from police reports and may be incomplete depending on the status of an investigation. Phone numbers are non-emergency.