UPPER ALLEN TOWNSHIP—The childhood home of Bret Michaels, lead singer of the 80s and 90s American rock band Poison, burned in 2-alarm fire Wednesday afternoon.

Janna Elias, vice president of operations for Bret Michaels Entertainment, told The Sentinel “I can confirm that this was indeed one of Bret's former childhood homes.” The residence is located at 2 Hemlock Drive, Mechanicsburg.

Michaels lived at in the house for much of his young life, between the ages of six and 17, according to Elias.

“Lots of memories in that house for him and his family,” she said.

Upper Allen Fire Department Fire Chief Jim Salter said that when he arrived to the scene there was a “good amount of fire coming from the front of the building, out of the front door and the windows.”

Firefighters believe the fire was caused by a cooking accident in the kitchen before it swept through the front of the house and licked the home’s façade.

Neighbors surrounded the street and watched as firefighters battled the blaze for around 30 minutes before the flames were under control.

There were five children and two adults in the home when the fire began, but Salter said that they made it out safely and were assisted by neighbors, though one unspecified member of the family was taken to the hospital ‘to be evaluated.”

Salter had heard while at the scene that the residence was once the home of Michaels.

“I heard that rumor, but I don’t know.”

Tyler Miles is a news reporter for The Sentinel covering Carlisle and the health section. Follow him on Twitter @SentinelMiles or email him at tmiles@cumberlink.com.

0
0
0
0
0

Load comments