GLEN ROCK, Pa. (WHTM) - A chemical reaction and leak sent one person to the hospital and forced the evacuation of a York County business Monday morning.

Fire officials said around 5:45 a.m., two chemicals reacted inside the Bimax, Inc., plant on Industrial Road in Springfield Township. The reaction inside a metal drum caused the drum to strain and leak fluid, releasing a vapor cloud.

That vapor cloud was described by first responders as non-threatening, although a nearby truck driver who inhaled a large amount of the vapor was taken to the hospital after complaining of an upset stomach.

The vapor could be smelled as far away as Shrewsbury.

Fire crews expected all roads in the area to be back open by 9 a.m.

For more on this story, check out abc27's coverage here.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.